𝟚𝟠.

"Is it just me, or did the temperature suddenly drop by 30?"

About half an hour went by, and Wednesday and I finally made it to the deeper parts of Cobham woods. It was safe to assume that we had reached our destination once we found the huge, somewhat burnt-down doorway to a dilapidated pilgrim meeting house.

We were greeted by the creepy, yet powerful cawing of the crows lurking about.

The gate/door already seemed to be open, so Wednesday and I cautiously enter the place, looking around for any sign of life, or perhaps even the lack of it. A dead body too shall suffice. All we needed was a lead, and a more significant one this time.

Wednesday placed her bag on the ground, and Thing came out of it, helping us with our search. After a few minutes of searching, we concluded that the place really was a wrecked, tumbled-down meeting house after all.

"I was expecting more too." Wednesday speaks to Thing, who was kinda bummed to not find much at this place. "What are you two little maggots doing here?" Suddenly, a low, rough voice snarls menacingly from behind us.

"The monster can speak?" I question, quickly turning back. "Oh nevermind..." I mumble, kinda disappointed to find a boring meth head rather than a ferocious, ghastly monster. It would've been so cool to communicate with the monster!

"Use the word 'little' to address me again, and I can't guarantee you your safety." The raven muses, staring the man dead in the eyes. "This is MY place! GET OUT!" The man yells, droplets of his spit splattering across my face.

"Thing, care to avenge my, ex-hygienic face?" I snap, wiping my face with Wednesday's coat, trying to remain calm. "Go for it." Wednesday approves, not minding my act, and Thing charges towards the meth head, climbing on him, and clutching his throat.

The confused man tried to fight Thing off, trying to breath, but Thing's grip on constricted cutting out his air-supply slowly. They both continued fighting, and the man ran out the door, still trying to get rid of Thing.

"He'll be okay." Wednesday assures me, going back to her search. "Thing or the meth head?" I ask her. "Whoever's stronger." She replies. Did not know how to feel about that either, but judging from the noises outside, I think Thing let his grip loosen a little cuz he didn't wanna kill.

"GET OFF ME!" The man cries, and I finally saw Thing let him go, terrifying him so much that he forgot all about 'HIS place', and ran away, sobbing. "There's nothing here." Wednesday finally sighs, giving up. I was ready to go too, keeping my 'performance' in mind, but Thing began saying something.

"No, I can't just touch something." Wednesday, who seemed to have understood his morse code tap dancing, replies. "Why not? Isn't that how you get your visions?" I ask. "No. My visions seem to happen spontaneously." She corrects.

"But every time you saw a vision, you always seemed to have been touching someone or something." I recall. "True. But they don't surface by choice." She answers. Thing suggests something again, making Wednesday scoff.

"I'd rather dye my hair pink than to ask my mother for advice." She grits her teeth. "I would pay to see that." I chuckle, unable to imagine that for some reason. "Plenty of pink dye in Enid's closet." I add. Thing just crawls up to me, and gives me a high-five.

Wednesday just shot me a death stare, which I tried to ignore, but couldn't. I mean, we were, after all, in a deserted, ruined cottage in the middle of literally nowhere. No one would find my body, except maybe the monster. And Wednesday very much was capable of it.

Thing suggests something else to her in order to avoid looking like a flamingo.

"Oh, so now you want me to prove it to you both?" She raises her brow at him. He just nods, I guess, and with that, she places her hand on the pillar next to her. Nothing happen. She then moved on to the walls, and placed both her hands on it. "No." She rolls her eyes at us.

"Nothing." She shrugs, walking to another corner, picking something up. "Ah, I bet this will give us some real insight." She sarcastically clutches an old Taco Bell flyer, whipping her head up, acting as if she was having another vision.

She then stopped, rolling her eyes at us again, crumpling the flyer and tossing it away, on her way to the exit. "My visions are about as predictable as shark attacks." She grumbles, picking up her back and pushing the door open.

And just then, it happened.

About 5 minutes had passed, and Wednesday lay cold, on the ground, Thing and I patiently waiting for her to wake up. It began raining now, and I removed my jacket, draping it over my head. Wasn't that effective considering that it was already soaking wet, but it's better than the rain directly falling over me.

Another minute was up, and that's when Wednesday shot up, gasping for air. "Thing I saw her!" She exclaims. "The girl from my visions!" She tells me. "The one you told me about, near Crackstone's Crypt during the Coe Pup?" I ask. "Poe Cup." She sighs.

"And yes. Her name is Goody Addams." She informs. "And I believe she's my ancestor from 400 years ago." She adds. Before I could reply, or ask her any questions, a faint growl captured our attention. We just looked at each other with widened-eyes.

She shushes me softly, and tippy-toes up to the door, peeping out through a crack.

She stood there on guard for a minute or two, but I guess it was nothing. Thing held my hand, freaking out, and I just remained alert to detect any movements or sounds. "Must be the bearded man from earlier." She scoffs, somewhat disappointed.

We were about to head out, when suddenly, the monster appeared. "Not those cursed baseball eyes again-" I yelp, freaked out by a huge, bloodshot eye peering at us from one of the whole. "Y/n, c'mon, we gotta go!" Wednesday drags me away as we dash outta the meeting house.

"Holy shit- that thing was hideous!"