𝟝.

"They were harassing some customers, and they put them in their place..."

Crossing my arms uncomfortably, I knew the sheriff was close to my mom, so I was in deeper shit now. As if being seen with an outcast wasn't enough, I was now also caught beating my 'own' people. The Mayor will certainly not take this well... I'm fucked-

"These little things took down three boys?" The sheriff asks, rather astonished. "Did you help her?" He asks, looking at their condition. "Dad, I swear... I wasn't involved!" Tyler assures. "And what about... him?" He questions coldly, glaring at the boy who kept reading his book.

"We didn't even know there was a person sitting there-" I quickly speak up, acting surprised to see the boy, whose shoulders, I had noticed, were tensing up a little ever since the sheriff's voice was heard. They certainly have had some past, which also explains the skepticism in the man's eyes.

"Apologies, sheriff- This one slipped away from me!" A familiar blonde bursts into the cafe. I had seen her around a couple of times, enough to recognize that she was the headmistress of Nevermore Academy, but now that I was seeing her up close...

She was TALL, and SO BEAUTIFUL.

Sure, she kinda did dress like a millionaire babushka, especially with the head scarf thing going on there... But the tiny little pineapple designs were still very cute. "C'mon, Ms. Addams, time to go." She quickly clears her throat. 

"Would you care to join us too, Atlas?" She asks the boy, who was finally looking up from his book now. "But I still didn't get my coffee-" He mumbles to himself, rather disappointed, walking over to the woman, placing his hands on my waist and moving me aside to get there.

NO WAY HE PULLED OFF THE 'WaIsT tHiNg' SO SMOOTHLY- LIKE WHAT🦋

The entire time he was here, the sheriff couldn't take his eyes off the boy, which was honestly kinda sus if you ask me, but then again, I guess I should get my mind out of the gutter. Ignoring the man's stares, the boy never once looked his way, and walked outta the cafe.

"Have a good night, sheriff." The blonde smiles politely, about to leave, but the sheriff suddenly stopped the two. "Wait a minute- You're an Addams?" He simply asks the raven, who replied with a slight nod. "Don't tell me Gomez Addams is your father-" He scoffs.

Wednesday simply looks away, confirming his doubts.

"That man belongs behind bars for murder." He states. "Guessin' the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." He muses. "I'm gonna keep my eye on you." He warns, and the woman protectively wraps her arm around the raven's shoulders, leading her out.

"On that note, Larissa, may I speak to the boy?" He requests, making her face fall. "He is nowhere to be seen. Besides, it's dinner soon, so wouldn't want him missing that, now would we?" She raises a brow. "Just send him to the station once you're done." He scoffs.

"I'm afraid that's not possible." She puts her foot down. "As much as I appreciate you trying, I believe he's not yet ready for it. Do not rush him, Donovan." She narrows her eyes. "He can't avoid me forever." The sheriff rolls his eyes.

"Watch me." The voice replies, standing by the door, staring dead into the man's eyes. "Atlas, I--" The man starts. "Save it." The boy, Atlas, cuts him short. "I had nothing to do with any of this. Or all the other things you keep accusing me off." He states.

"So believe me, or don't believe me... I don't care." He shrugs. "But I refuse to answer any more of your endless questions without my attorney present." He deadpans, and the sheriff looks down, short of words. "Can we leave now, Ms. Weems?" He then requests his principal.

"Of course... Let's go, children." She smiles softly, leading them out, slamming the door shut behind her, as the boys slowly began getting up. "You need to stop being so harsh, dad." Tyler scoffs once his father meets his eyes.

"Whatever. Just... reiterate your non-violence policy here, please." The sheriff scoffs. "Something tells me we're gonna have to make it more clear around these parts now." He mumbles, watching the students get into a big, black SUV, and zoom away.

"I'm sorry, sir... I wasn't looking for any trouble." I sigh. "No, it's okay, l/n. I got this covered." He assures, knowing that violence was never my first response. "Just promise me something... Stay away from that guy, okay?" He then adds, referring to Atlas.

"That boy is nothing but trouble." He scoffs. "Not the sorts you'd want to be caught dead around." He warns. "I think I can tell the wrong sorts for myself." I retort, not liking one bit how harsh he was to the boy earlier.

I mean, clearly they've had some beef with each other, and it has to be serious if that's what his reaction is, but I'd much rather form my own opinions and judgments from personal experiences rather than have someone impose them on me, especially since I don't even know the entire story, let alone the sides...

"Now if you'll excuse me... I've got a lot of homework to do."