𝟜𝟚.

"Fine, I'll be there in another hour or so..."

Rolling my eyes, tired of lazing around the entire day, doing my skincare, haircare, and nails at the same time to feel better about myself, I was finally ready to step outside the house again. My mom was busy the entire day today, as they had to exercise extra caution thanks to the Rave'N.

She wouldn't be back until very late, and now that Eugene, me AND Wednesday didn't have any dates to go to this dance, we were free to resume our investigation. Not gonna lie, I was kinda burnt out by now, but I had no option but to go on, as this was my only distraction.

Apparently the raven handed over her evidence straight to the sheriff last evening, to see if the DNA of the claw and Xavier's blood matched, but until it was getting tested, we had to gather more solid proof, incase things wouldn't work out.

And thus, I was going to stake out the cave along the two to dig some more dirt on the monster. 

I still don't think it could be Xavier, especially since Atlas was involved as well. We may not be on talking terms anymore, but I still trusted his judgment. I mean, he does have those additional instincts due to his werewolf powers or whatever, right? 

And he has been right about me so far... Everything single time.

Walking over to select an outfit, I was startled by the bell ringing. "I don't remembering ordering pizza yet..." I mumble to myself, checking my phone to see if anyone had texted me about this. Nope. Nothing. That's odd...

Walking down the stairs, rushing towards the door, I couldn't bring myself to be bothered enough to remove my facemask just yet, as I was gonna have to remove it soon anyway. But the moment I answered the door, I instantly regretted that decision.

"Atlas?!" I exclaim, shocked to see him... dressed like, that?!

Wearing a buttoned down black shirt, the boy showed off his chiseled cleavage that had subtle scars across them, hidden well behind the jewelry he wore. His hair was fluffy and messy as usual, but his face seemed a lot more fresh than yesterday.

A little startled by my state, he quickly disguised his expression with an awkward chuckle as he rubbed his neck coyly. "Hey um... y/n-" He greets nervously, not expecting the goblin he saw. "I uh, I'm really really sorry about yesterday." He mumbles, focusing on my eyes now, probably trying to ignore my green, yoda-like face.

"I was hungover and sleep deprived, and way too preoccupied with everything going on with the monster, that I couldn't focus much on all the other things that really mattered. My dad didn't make things any easier either at the station yesterday..." He sighs.

"But that is no excuse for the way I treated you." He adds, his oceanic eyes filled with nothing but genuinity. "I was being a dick, and you don't deserve that, so I wanted to try to set things right..." He mumbles. "Emotions don't come easily to me. And neither do words." He says.

"But if you give me one chance- one dance to set things right, I promise I won't let you down. Never again." He rambles. "Please don't go with Ernest. That kid's gonna eat you alive." He sighs. "Actually, fuck that- Don't go with anyone. This isn't about him anyway." He rolls his eyes.

"I uh, got you flowers." He quickly changes the topic, handing me over a big BIG bouquet of different varieties of flowers, ranging from roses to orchids to sunflowers, to a lotta flowers I hadn't even seen before.

Struggling to hold up the big bundle on my own, I took some help from the flustered boy to reposition them in my arms. "Don't smell them. I don't know if normies can handle some of them." He quickly warns, making me roll my eyes at his chaotic... whatever this was.

"Look, all I'm trying to say is... Please go out with me." He begs, forgetting all about whatever speech he must've practiced earlier, judging by how quickly he began fidgeting with the buttons of his shirt. "I'll uh, buy you cookies?" He then adds, panicking internally AND externally.

"Is that supposed to make me wanna go?" I raise my brow, biting my tongue to hold in my laughter. "Either that or the magic love potion I might have to douse you in..." He mumbles to himself. "What?" I ask, a little concerned now.

As funny as that sounds, I'm guessing that should be a red flag?

"I'm kidding! We don't learn magic..." He sighs, playing with his rings now. As much as I was tempted to suffer an entire evening in a sweaty gymnasium smelling like spiked punch and horny teens, for some freshly baked cookies with my werewolf potential lover, I couldn't... 

"Atlas, I'd really really love to. And I'm sure you know that too, but I--"As I tried to explain why I couldn't go, as I didn't really have anything to wear as the dress I liked yesterday was a bit too pricey, and my stoning attempt failed miserably, I was cut short by a familiar hand.

Holding up a big package, I saw Thing climb up a tree that led to the window of my room, and sneak in? What the fuck- "You know what, just come on in." I sigh, letting the boy inside as my mom wasn't gonna be home anyway any time soon.

"You can wait in my room." I mumble, placing the bouquet in a vase.

"Bathroom, NOW!" I barge into my room, glaring at the hand who was resting on top of the package that he placed over my bed. As the confused boy sat on my bed, observing his surroundings, Thing and I went to the washroom, where he revealed what got me.

"Holy shit- How'd you pay for that?!" 

A/N:

Finally no longer sick hehe

Also, I'm sorry for the header image but like IT'S SO HOT WTFFFFF

Anyway, I hope y'all liked my work so far!

Don't forget to vote and comment. And as always, ALWAYS appreciate yourself.

Byeeeeeeeee🤍🤍🤍