𝟙.

"Oh, c'mon- Why don't you just burn this cursed rust-bucket already?!"

Finishing my second donut, I was still waiting impatiently for the boy to fix the damn machine so that I could finally get my damn espresso, but clearly that wasn't happening anytime soon. It's the 5th time it has broken down today, but right now, it was worse.

As the smoke finally began clearing up, I was startled by the strange presence of a corpse-like girl dressed in black. "Holy crap-" Tyler jumps up a little when his eyes met hers. "Do you make it a habit to scare the living hell out of people?!" He questions, trying to calm down.

"It's more of a hobby." The girl retorts, her face void of any expression. 

An eerie vibe bubbled her presence, sending shivers down everyone's spine if they dared to meet her eyes. Her onyx, lifeless, abyss-dark eyes. Her skin was paler than a dead man's bones, and her raven hair framed it well, creating a perfect black-n'-white effect.

The only color she had on her face was the recently-formed scar on her forehead, which was a very dull shade of brown, perfectly matching her dead-rose lipstick, which from afar, almost looked black. Even her uniform was black, unlike the rest of her schoolmates.

She was the definition of a perfect living instagram filter. A peculiar beauty, really. 

"Oh, you go to Nevermore?" I then speak up, diffusing the uncomfortable tension between the two. "Didn't realize they changed their uniform." I add. "They didn't." Answers the corpse. "An exception was made due to my lethal allergy to colors." She deadpans.

"Seriously? W-what happens?" Tyler questions, still trying to fix the machine. "I break out into hives and then the flesh peels off my bones." She muses, making me smile softly. "I would pay to see that..." I mumble to myself.

"I-is there anything I can get you?" The boy then asks, changing the topic, rather rattled by that thought. "I need a quad over ice." The raven states. "And I still need my DAMN coffee!" I recall my main purpose in life. "And I need a refill. Extra black." A husky voice speaks up from behind me.

AHHHH IT WAS THE HOTTIE FROM THE BOOTH- My ears are BLESSED!

No, y/n, stop overreacting. It's just another Nevermore dude with a potentially fucked up past. I sense parental issues. And though that shit is actually very hot and my poor definition of a green-flag... I must keep reminding myself that this ISN'T Wattpad.

Ain't no sexy werewolves fighting to death for my love here😔

"You." The girl recognizes the boy. "Me?" He replies, as nonchalant her ass. "Don't forget me!" I grin, not wanting to feel excluded until I could just get my order and walk away. "Where did you run off to during Outcast-History earlier?" She questions the boy after glaring at me.

Rude, but at least I got the recognition I desired...

"I fail to see how that concerns you. Not to mention that this really isn't a good time." Replies the boy, as cold as the girl. "Actually, we have time. I don't think I'll be able to take any of your orders until this goddamn machine is fixed." Tyler sighs.

"But mine is an emergency." The raven states. "As is mine. I literally need it to not stab myself in the gut multiple times and just uh, die." I sigh. "Ye-yeah, I don't doubt it... But in case none of you have noticed, the espresso machine is having a seizure." Tyler scoffs.

"All we have right now is drip, so feel free to treat yourselves to that, I guess..." Mumbles the boy as a man pours himself some. "But drip is for people who hate themselves, and know that their lives have no real purpose or meaning." The raven cocks up a brow.

"It'll be on the house?" The brunette suggests as the other man storms away, leaving his drink behind. "Oh, please. Everyone knows that drip drinkers are all no-good, depressing individuals, who can't get through a single minute without thinking of dying." The boy scoffs from behind.

"Suits me..." I mumble. "Wait, you're drinking drip-" I then notice him drinking it straight out of the pitcher...? "Exactly." He states, his icy blue eyes peering into my own, fiery y/e/c ones, freezing them along with the time, my body, and even my soul...

Ew GOD NO- You need to stop reading so much Wattpad, y/n... These MC moments are growing crazier by the second. I mean, seriously, what's next? Bumping into the boy in the middle of the woods, late at night while investigating murder? Fucking pathetic.

"Dude- the pitcher, seriously?!" Tyler scoffs, snatching it out of his hands. "Fucking disgusting." He rolls his eyes. "What? It's not like anyone was gonna drink it after all we said anyway." The boy shrugs in defense. A valid point, really, but it was still a little gross.

But judging my the dynamics between the two, I can tell that they're not strangers. 

"The jugular's more effective if you want to get the job done, by the way." The girl then muses. "I'll keep that in mind." I mumble. "Not when it's more developed for some." Sighs the boy. "I am surrounded with emos." Tyler groans, rolling his eyes, making me chuckle.

"What's wrong with your machine anyway? I bet I can help..." She then analyzes the machine, which was still fizzing, and completely broken down internally. "It's a temperamental beast with the mind of its own, and it doesn't help that the instructions are in Italian." Scoffs the brunette.

"And no, please don't impersonate Mario again, y/n, or I swear to god, I will impose a lifetime ban on you from ever setting foot in this place again."