𝟛𝟛.

"Is this the part where you where you skin me alive and burn me to bone?"

Letting out a soft scoff, the werewolf put on my blindfold, leading me through the woods to lord knows where. "You wish, l/n. I'm not letting you die on me that easy." I could practically here him roll his eyes as he gently guided me.

"Careful-" He holds me by the waist when I almost trip over a root.

"This is how psychos in horror movies act like, y'know." I scoff impatiently, wondering where he taking me right now. "I thought you had a thing for psycho killers." He mocks, referring to that time I was simping for Billy Loomis the other day. "Some more than others." I sigh.

"Just keep going, okay? You're doing great." He sighs.

"Just a little longer." He chuckles softly. "I promise you, you'll love it." He adds. Okay, now I was really curious where we were going. I know that it was some rare blue moon today, from what Enid told me, but I doubt we were going moon gazing in the middle of the woods.

After getting my phone back, I took an hour to respond to all the texts I had been sent by my friends. Even thing sent me a couple of memes from Enid's phone, and boy, that hand's humor was almost as broken as mine! I loved it.

But when I responded to Atlas, he instantly invited me to the woods.

Obviously I said yes, as I missed having some hiking time alone with him in the middle of the night, and because after having a day as stressful as today, both of us, who in my opinion, suffered the most, deserved a break.

And so, here I was, walking to absolutely nowhere with a blindfold on my eyes, and his hands holding both of mine as we slowly dodged whatever obstacles lied ahead of us. Ideally, I'd be freaking the fuck out by this, not just because of the entire situation, but because my vision was restricted, exposing me to numerous threats.

But with him, it was different. With Atlas, I felt safe...

My mom had passed out on the couch after drinking all her troubles away. I did put a blanket over her, but she instantly kicked it away in her sleep. Weird woman. So sneaking out wasn't very difficult either. And I doubt that sneaking in will be too.

What still bothered me though, was Joseph Crackstone's true history with outcasts.

Everything I read about him online was 10x times worse than what was mentioned in the books. And as much as I wanted to believe that it was exaggerated, something about the look on that man's face told me that it wasn't. The pilgrim was pure evil.

I can see why the Outcasts can't stand Normies. Generations of injustice can do that to you sometimes. And I personally always believed that those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Especially since there is no actual change in anyone's mindset.

The town may claim to not dislike the Outcasts as much as they secretly do, but their actions sure say otherwise. Everyone acts like they're open-minded and want a second chance to rewrite all the wrongs of their past- to start a new, peaceful chapter.

But the look in their cold, dead eyes convey otherwise.

And the same can be said about the Outcasts as well.

Some more than others, really, but they aren't all saints either. The town did face it's fair share of harassment from the supernaturals, but unless and until everyone cooperates and maintain a harmonic balance, I don't see things improving anytime soon.

I don't see how any of this 'Mandatory Volunteering' makes things any better.

By trying to sugar-coat history, or create false happy endings, they're only not accepting the harsh truth of the bitter past. No one's taking ownership of the mistakes committed by their beloved late-leaders; only glorifying the bloody battles waged and won.

But most importantly, I refuse to buy what one may call a coincidence. In the wise words of Stiles Stilinski: One's a mistake, two's an accident. Three's a pattern, and four is enough for a warrant. So far, I've witnessed only two murders by the beast.

One in the woods with Atlas when I was new, and second with Wednesday during the Harvest Festival. One more murder is all it'll take for me to get all the proof that I need. But as much as the thought excites me, I'd rather just have fun and enjoy this serene night with my crush.

"We're here!" The boy says excitedly, and I rip the blindfold off. And my- Was it absolutely stunning, the mystical sight before me. Mushrooms glowed, and glitter flowed, and exotic flowers bloomed under the light of a big, blue, powerful moon, that lightened up everything.

"Those are wisps." The boy whispers, noticing my gaze at the fire-like fairies, hopping from flower to flower, their glitter flowing behind them. "Are they fairies?" I ask the boy, aweing at the beauty of this picturesque scene. 

"Actually, ghosts." The boy corrects, and a chill goes down my spine. "They're the guardian spirits of nature. One with the earth..." He muses as I observed their tiny hops as they doused each plant with love and affection, illuminating the woods like fireflies, but brighter.

"The blue ones are the peaceful lot, it's the green you gotta watch out for." He warns as a few green ones began chaotically jumping from places to places, harassing the blues. "A mischievous, to say the least." He chuckles, when a green wisp flung a tiny wad of mud at me.

"You don't say-" I scoff, wiping it off.

"It's beautiful..." I find myself short for words. About 10 minutes had passed since we got here, and it only began fascinating me more. Seated on the giant mushrooms, Atlas and I adored the place allowing ourselves to relax to the soft hums of the wisps.

"Yes, you are..." The boy mumbles, looking at me the entire time. "You're so corny-" I scoff, punching him softly, hiding my face which was burning bright red now. "No, just honest." He shrugs, as we talk about ourselves more.

"How did you even find this place?" I finally ask the boy, until a wisp popped outta nowhere, and hopped on my nose. Sneezing the moment it faded, I realized that I was now covered with glitter. "Aww, it just gave you a kiss." The boy smiles widely. 

"It's considered great luck." He adds, as one rested on his shoulder, before flying away eventually, as we were now both shimmering due to the glitter. "The wisps are very private, and not easy to come by..." He starts. "You can only see them if they want to be seen." He adds.

"I found them the day I turned into a wolf." He then answers my question. "I was bitten and felt like I was dying at the time it happened. But I remember finding this place not long before I blacked out, and it was pure perfection." He smiles.

"I thought Normies weren't supposed to survive." I mutter to myself. "I wasn't." He confirms. "But that's when a wisp gave me the kiss." He smiles. "At first I thought it was a hallucination, especially since I took years to actually discover my powers..." He sighs.

"But when I finally learned about them in Nevermore, I realized that maybe they just saved my life." He shrugs. "Ever since then, I try to look for them, but the success ratio is low... But I guess they sensed I needed help, so that's why they appeared." He finishes.

Feeling a little sad for the boy, I just take his hand in mine, and we continued gazing at the spirits who simply danced along with the breeze. "Thank you for bringing me here." I smile at the werewolf, who simply gave my hand a kiss, looking up now at the full moon.

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach, and my heart raced intensely fast, and all I wanted to do right now was scream at how romantic all this was. "Is this a date?" I accidently speak my thoughts out, instantly regretting it. "Well, if you want it to be." He simply shrugs, smiling softly.

But before I could answer, the wisps began fading. The flowers began withering, and a dense blanket of clouds engulfed the moon. "What's going on?" I ask, getting tensed, and the boy strained his ears, eyes now widened.

"There's another murder." He simply states, and the siren of the police cars filled the woods, and my heart sank with worry when I saw the cursed blue and red lights blazing afar. "The monster... Is it here?" I then ask the boy.

"I'm not really sure." He answers, his bright blue eyes flooded with worry. "But we do know another thing about the monster now..." He mumbles quite surely. "It doesn't have a scent, which is why I can't really sense it." He sighs.

"Well, that AND his foot size is 11."