𝟟.

"Holy shit- Atlas, what the hell?!"

Freaking the fuck out because of a certain half-naked, bloodied up outcast in the middle of the woods at the middle of the night, the boy pinned me to the nearby tree, holding me firmly by the waist after uncovering my mouth with his hand, as he looked around with widened eyes.

The full moon highlighting his already sharp features, I saw beads sweat trickle down his forehead as his breathing became heavier. "What's going on?" I ask the boy I've been secretly admiring from afar from months.

"Why do you look like you just bathed in the blood of your enemies?" I ask nervously, ignoring the strange electric feeling that ran through my veins, and the odd churning in my stomach every time my eyes drifted to his strong, muscular arms that held me so close.

To say that he was hot wasn't accurate enough to describe his beauty, but I don't think I can describe him with words either without mention hot in every second sentence. There, I did it again. Looks have always attracted me, but it's the personality that always keeps.

And most of the times, the best looking guys have always been the worst to me, so I tend to avoid hot people in general, because their personalities are often disappointing, not gonna lie... Also a main reason why I never spoke to the boy before.

But when I saw that look in his eyes, the mixture of fear and sadness when the sheriff stepped in, or the gratitude and calmness that followed when the headmistress got involved... I could instantly tell that he wasn't a complete asshole. Not without a reason, at least.

He was tall, like really really tall. Around 6'2-3ish, and his ocean blue eyes flooded with anxiety with every second that passed. His breathing was slower now, but also uneven, and his chest and shoulders were smeared with blood, along with a small gash on his cheek.

"Atlas?" I call timidly, wondering what was going on. "You shouldn't be here." He simply says, turning back to me. "What kind of an idiot even ventures the woods in the middle of the night in the midst of several monster attacks?!" He scoffs. 

"I wasn't expecting company." I roll my eyes. "Besides, I could ask you the same." I cross my arms. "It's full moon." He simply shrugs. "Why aren't you... um, transforming then?" I ask. "You mean wolfing-out?" He corrects, and I just nod. "Because I already did." He replies.

"And the pain keeps us from it, once injured." He sighs, letting out a groan as his injuries worsened and he sunk to the ground. "Are you okay?" I ask, but his groaning became louder as he clutched his chest, crouching down.

As much as I love having a man on his knees for me, this was kinda concerning, especially since the howls around were only getting louder. But before I could finally offer him some help, his wounds had somehow sealed themselves? What the- How is that possible?

"We need to get you out of here..." He sighs, holding my hand and leading me to lord knows where. Standing still, I refused to move because I could hardly see a thing now that the moon was blanketed by dense thunderclouds, as it began to rain.

"C'mon, the furs are probably back to normal now." He sighs, asking me to follow. "Furs?" I repeat, recalling Enid talk something about the four main kinds of students the school had. Furs, Fangs, Scales and Stones. Werewolves, Vampires, Sirens and Gorgons...

"Where are we going?" I ask the boy. "I know a way out of here that doesn't lead to Nevermore. But you'll be on your own from there." He replies. "It's going to be a 30 minute hike, but I'm sure you'll find your way out of you managed to find your way in..." He mumbles.

"Who told you my name?" He then asks. "Oh uh, I heard your headmistress say it." I reply awkwardly, not wanting to seem like a complete creep right now. "And why are you here at this ungodly hour?" He asks. "I heard about the attacks." I answer.

"So you decided to witness one yourself?" He questions, still expressionless. "No... I just knew it couldn't have been a bear, so I wanted to understand more about the other possibilities." I roll my eyes. "What makes you so sure it isn't one?" He asks.

"Because I looked it up and it doesn't match their hibernating schedules." I shrug. "Not bad... What other possibilities did you come up with?" He interrogates. "Strange bloody dudes running around semi-naked in the middle of the night." I snap.

"Alright, alright. Don't have to tell me if you don't want to..." He chuckles softly, instantly shutting up. "I was thinking of other animals too, maybe even humans, but I need more details about the death to conclude any of that." I say.

"Well then I guess you must be in luck..." He mumbles, freezing dead in his tracks, holding me back. "What are you tal--" I was about to ask, only to be cut off my his hand over my mouth AGAIN, as he quickly shoved me into a bush?!

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I ask, fetching my spoon incase I'd have to defend myself. "Quiet!" He whisper-yells, joining me. "I'm sorry... I didn't realize my own strength. I spend too much time surrounded with my peers, you know." He then apologizes.

"What are you looking at?" I then ask out of curiosity.

"Cops, 1 o'clock." He whispers, and I begin looking around. Tilting my head a little to the side, I can't lie when I say that his warm touch on my cold face felt very fucking amazing, and I'd very much like to feel it again, only somewhere else.

Why my hands, of course! They're fucking freezing right now...

"What are they doing here so late?" I ask. "Body." He answers. "Body? What do you mean body?" I ask, not having a good feeling about this. "I smell blood." He shrugs, sniffing around a little. "Oop- That must be me. I apologize." I sigh, somewhat relieved.

"Uh no, that's a different... thing altogether." He answers awkwardly, already aware of this. Help- I wanna jump off a cliff right now. "Nothing to be embarrassed about though." He quickly assures. "But this smell is a completely different one..." He mumbles.

"I guess you can finally gather all that intel for your conclusion now..."