𝟛𝟜.

"I knew you loved my company!"

I was currently doing a small victory dance, cheering to myself. "First of all, I only called you because we both witnessed this monster not once, but twice together." She starts. "And secondly, I love disregarding Principal Weems." She adds.

"Mhm, sure. Whatever you say, hun." I nod, unbothered, knowing that there has to be some spot in her little black heart that must be at least a little soft. "How long's Thing gonna take? It's fucking freezing out here!" I shiver a little, waiting for Thing to break in, and then let us in.

"Should've just brought along Atlas's jacket." Wednesday smirks. "Oh shut up." I roll my eyes at her. "What's the deal with you guys anyway?" She then asks. "What do you mean?" I ask. "I haven't seen him engage with humanity as much as he does with you." She muses.

"Well, I mean, he is an introvert, so socializing doesn't come naturally to him." I brush it off. "The time you two spend in the woods too, is very concerning." She adds. "Hey, we're just two misunderstood individuals who happen to love the great outdoors." I scoff.

"Besides, how do you even know about that? Were you stalking us, Addams?" I raise my brow at the suspiciously nosy raven. "Thing told me." She deadpans. "He was on his late-night run when he discovered the murder. Saw you two not too long after that, getting outta there." She muses.

"Didn't know he was a runner..." I mutter, a little confused. 

"Anyway, I was just curious about your relationship status, because during the performance today, I noticed you locking your eyes with his, before beginning." She shrugs. "And?" I ask, puzzled. "Everyone with any experience in the field of performing arts knows that you always look at the one you love before beginning." She deadpans, making me freeze.

"I believe you two have what they all call 'chemistry' with each other." She then adds, only to be cut off by the back gate of the morgue opening. "Atlas is just... Atlas, I guess." I respond, unsure of what to say. "I would say he's just a friend, but there are times I wish we were something more..." I confess.

"Oh please. Everyone who says they're 'just friends' clearly have certain ulterior motives." She scoffs, entering the morgue, followed by me. "I mean, yeah. I just admitted that, didn't I?" I scoff, and Thing shuts the gate. "You should tell him that then." She shrugs.

"I would... But it's not that easy." I sigh. "Words like that aren't my strength, unless I'm in the shower a few years later, rethinking about the scenario." I roll my eyes. "Besides, why are you so interested in what's going on between us?" I then ask out of curiosity.

"Because you're all over the Nevermore Net." She answers. "It's a gossip platform designed by Enid, and is full of gossip and rumors." She explains. "And everyone is apparently shipping you two. Whatever that means." She mumbles.

"They even decided the name of the hypothetical ship. y/s/n (your ship name)." She informs, making me choke on my saliva, blushing bright red. "That's uh, good to know..." I recollect myself. "Does Atlas know?" I then ask. "For a while now, yes." She replies.

"And has he said anything about them?" I ask, a little nervous.

"Like, does it bother him or something like that?" I elaborate. "Quite the contrary. He secretly enjoys it, in my opinion." She answers. "What makes you so sure?" I question. "Pupils dilating, a rosy tint flashing his cheeks, and occasional odd walks during fencing, which can only mean one thing." She stops.

"What thing?" I ask.

"Erections." She deadpans, making me snort and choke and cough at the same time. "Quiet, you fool. Someone will hear that ridiculous noise." She snaps, covering my mouth with her hand until I calmed down. "Moving on, I just wanted to inform you of the activity. Don't shoot the messenger." She shrugs.

"Is that why he's not here right now?" I wonder aloud. "Who knows where he goes." Wednesday scoffs. "Besides, isn't it a full moon? He must be wolfing out somewhere right now." She shrugs. "Not on special lunar days." I correct, recalling what he told me earlier.

Apparently the moon only stimulates their hormones on such days, but prevent the actual transition. So they're basically powerless on some days, but have the same hormones they have during the transition process. Probably explains his outburst at the Weathervane.

"I see." She nods.

"Anyway, we don't have much time, so we need to leave soon." Wednesday clears her throat when Thing reminds us of the time. "While I do the autopsy, you two find the files of the monster's other victims, and make copies." The raven then instructs instructs, changing the topic, walking away.

"I wanna do it!" I volunteer. "For the last time y/n, autopsy is a work of high precision." Wednesday sighs. "It's not just stabbing people and pulling out their organs, and then guessing the cause of their death." She quotes my definition of an autopsy.

"Fine... But at least let me stay and watch." I beg. "You just don't wanna do any work, do you?" The girl raises her brow at me. "Not unless it's performing and autopsy, no." I smile. "Not happening." She rolls her eyes.

Thing was not tapping twice on the nearby table, indicating that he was probably pouting.

"Not you too." Wednesday rolls her eyes. "Quit pouting, your scalpel skills are questionable, and you know it." She scoffs. She then opens her personal surgical kit filled with various surgical tools that were particularly disturbing to watch.

Did she ever actually use any of those in the past? And if she did, was it on a live person? Something tells me that that is something I wouldn't wanna know.

"Do you remember my 13th birthday when Uncle Fester gave me that cadaver?" Wednesday reminds Thing, and I just eavesdrop, wearing a surgical rubber glove, pulling it up high, and letting it go, squeezing it a little.

This was fun. But then Wednesday and Thing just stared at me. "What?" I ask innocently. Wednesday just raises her brows at me, eyeing my glove, and I roll my eyes, taking it off, walking over to the mortuary to look for the most recent body.

"Back to the cadaver... You sliced right through that man's carotid." She reminds Thing, and he just gives up and walks away. Wednesday then joins me by the mortuary, looking for the body too. "No." She slams the door of one. "Nope." She slams another.

"No." She rolls her eyes yet again. "Magnificent hematoma." She remarks before slamming it shut. We both look for some more time, before only one was left, right in the center. "Ah yes, there it is!" I exclaim, opening it.

She pulls it out, and examines the dead body. "Oh my- Is that?" I gasp, seeing the familiar dead body. "The bearded man from earlier?" Wednesday reminds. "Yes. Yes it is." She confirms. After examining a few of the wounds on his head, she pulls out a recording device.

"Thursday, 2:23 AM." She speaks into it. "The body is that of a 50 year old male." She describes, slowly lifting up the blanket covering his injured naked body. "Lacerations and defensive wounds appear on both hands." She observes.

"What remains of his chest and torso indicates frenzied attack. Subject has been almost entirely disemboweled." She concludes. "Just like Rowan..." I whisper to myself, and Wednesday just nods. She was about to shut it, but she notices something.

"This is curious..." She starts. "The subject's left foot is missing." She shows me. "It appears to have been chewed off at the ankle." She notices, and just then, Thing burst into the room. "Have you seen a left foot anywhere?" I ask him, and he just frantically tap-dances. "Calm-down." I say.

"Who's coming?"