𝟛𝟝.

"Appreciate you coming back to the office, doc."

I heard two people enter the morgue, and shut my eyes tight, crossing my fingers, hoping they'd not find me. I mean, I doubt they'd even check the vents to see if anyone's snooping there... But still. I can hear a few rats squeak here, and I just hope none of them decide to nibble on my toes.

"Whatever or whoever is responsible for these killings..." I hear an unfamiliar voice speak. "In all my years, I've never seen injuries like them." He sighs. I think he's the doctor or something. Anwar Coroner... Saw his name on the board outside. I think he also owns this place.

"I thought you should see this before I issued my report on the latest victim." He then says, walking somewhere. "It's a real noodle-scratcher." He adds. "The killer cut off two toes from the victim's left foot." He states a minute later. I think that's our foot.

Well, not OUR foot. Like, the foot we're looking for. If only I could sneak a peek to see where it was... But I cannot risk this. I just hope the rats here don't do the same thing to my toes, what the killer did to its victims'.

Wait, why did the monster actually go for only two toes when it could've gone for an entire damn limb? "Best guess, they used a surgical saw." The doc soon says. Oh, nevermind. I guess the monster didn't do it after all. Must be a different foot or something.

"The final autopsy report is still pending." He informs. "The minute you're done, send it straight to my desk." The sheriff commands. "Media blackout on the toes." He adds. "Sure thing, sheriff." The doc complies, and I could hear footsteps receding.

"Been a busy couple of weeks, huh?" The doc spoke up again. "At least I'm going out in style. Friday's my last day." He chuckles. "Happy retirement, doc." Sheriff wishes. "Gonna surprise Mrs. Anwar with a four-week cruise." The doc adds.

"Excited to trade rib shears for Mai Tais." He brags. There was no response. "See yourself out. I'll lock up." The doc says, and the door shuts a few seconds later, but I knew the coast wasn't clear yet. The squeaks of the rats approached closer, and so did the footsteps of the doc.

I could see him below me now, as he opened the mortuary where Wednesday had hidden, and checks her out. Oh crap- busted. "I don't remember this one coming in..." He mumbles to himself, staring at Wednesday's pale, dead face.

He poked her cheek once to see if she really was dead. "Full rigor." He remarks. "You've been dead a while." He observes. Damn, sounds like he's describing me on the inside right now. Just kidding... I guess. Ugh, when's he gonna leave?

I don't want my left foot to go missing too, due to these dumb rats that wouldn't stop hopping from here to there. Where's Thing when you need him? "Guess you wouldn't mind waiting another day for me to cut you open." He chuckles creepily. And with that, he left. Yikes what the fuck did I just witness?

Note to self: Never die cuz doctors are creepy as fuck-

I was tryna crawl outta the vent now, but I didn't know how to get outta here without falling headfirst and snapping my neck in two. I guess I'm just gonna crawl outta this entire place the same way Thing crawled in.

The only problem is that Thing is a lot tinier than me, so I wouldn't fit in through half the places he managed to crawl through. Oh boy, I'm stuck here, aren't I? "Thing?" I call out, and he finally comes outta his hiding place, which was inside the skull of a skeleton model.

"A little help here please!" I request, and he just opens the mortuary where Wednesday was. "Five more minutes." Wednesday request. "I was just getting comfortable." She adds in a satisfied tone. "Um, no. No more minutes, please." I protest.

The rats were approaching closer, and I no longer wanted to test my luck. And then, just when I thought of that, my true fears had been confirmed. A rat squeaked from right behind me. I could then feel it sniff around my foot. I knew I shouldn't have worn crocs-

And just then, one bite into my leg just gave me the boost I so badly needed to get outta this went. "SON OF A BI--" I yelp, diving outta the vent, and landing on top of Wednesday, who fell on top of Thing, crushing him to his death.

May his cursed soul Rest In Pieces...