𝟠.

"Y/n! Long time-"

Finally meeting up with the raven and her blonde roomie, Enid, we all began talking about random things, waiting for Tyler to finally show up. It had been sometime since Enid and I last spoke, but she was as friendly as ever, so it didn't feel awkward at all.

What did feel awkward though was locking eyes with a certain werewolf back at the Weathervane. It had been a week since our little discovery in the woods, and though things didn't end badly for any of us, we hadn't met up ever since.

Sure, we did have our frequent run-ins in the cafe, but we never really spoke. He was far too introverted for that, and though I knew it wasn't anything person, I couldn't help but overthink things. We did exchange a couple of smiles here and there when caught staring... But that's it.

I did go to the woods more often now, mostly just to clear my head, but a part of me always hoped we'd bump into each other again. And no, it wasn't that unsafe either, considering I didn't venture in too deep, and it was always before sundown. So yeah, I wasn't endangering myself.

As for the attacks... Two more took place after that night, and both of them matched the pattern of the first one I saw. Torn limbs scattered around. Head usually always missing, or too injured to be recognized. It was crazy. Whatever did it cannot be human...

And of course, as much as I hate to admit it, just like the sheriff and pretty much everyone else in this prejudiced town... my first guess was an outcast as well. Wolves, in particular, but that was until I did some more research about their killing patterns.

And that didn't match the description of all the murders that took place here at all.

They go for the throat first, whereas this monster goes after the chest and the stomach region before savagely desecrating the other parts. Can't be a bear either because they go for the head-neck region. Not to mention that this doesn't match their hibernation schedule either.

If anything, the closest creature may be a mountain lion, but there aren't any of those in this region. Besides, when animals usually attack, it due to some sort of a provocation or hunger. Whoever's killing these people isn't eating them. It's doing it for the thrill of killing. 

So far, about 8 murders have taken place, and these attacks started about 5 months ago.

I only moved here 3 months ago, so there's very little knowledge I have about the other murders. What I do know, however, is that the killed was pretty dormant for the past 2 months before resurfacing. No patterns other than the killing style has been observed.

"Oh look- There he is!" Enid suddenly spots a certain brunette, having yet another argument with his father. Why am I not surprised. The sheriff has been really uneasy lately, and I wonder if it's because of spotting his son roaming around with the 'no-good' werewolf he asked me to watch out for. 

Speaking of... I wonder where he is. He didn't even show up to the Weathervane today, so I am a little concerned. And annoyed because I miss his scarred face. But, oh well- It shouldn't bother me much anyway. It's not like we're even friends.

"Are you sure you can trust that normie?" Enid narrows her eyes, possibly overhearing their argument. "No offense, y/n. I think you are great and definitely can be trusted with even the most fucked up gossip." She quickly turns to me, realizing how it must've sounded.

"None taken." I chuckle, relaxing her a little.

"I trust that I can handle myself." Wednesday deadpanned, staring ahead at the boy. "Well then- Good luck, and safe travels." Enid smiles, a hint of sadness in her eyes as she bid her roomie opening her arms wide, going in for a hug.

Wednesday however, simply stepped aside, rejecting it.

"Still not a hugger. Got it." Enid rolls her eyes, rather annoyed. "Ouh- I see someone I gotta say hi to!" She quickly cheers up, eyeing a boy with a beanie waving at her discretely from the corner. "I'll see you soon, y/n!" She then smiles at me.

"Don't forget to text me when you get home." She adds, referring to the number she entered in my phone earlier, walking away. "Have fun!" I wave back as I see her giggle and run up to the boy. That must be the gorgon she was telling me about last month.

At first, I was merely observing the boy, but when I saw how bright his eyes shone the moment the girl touched his arm, I could tell at that very minute that the two were absolutely smitten with each other. They're kinda cute, I finally decide when I see them walk away.

I ship it. 

"So, I guess this it, Addams." A familiar voice startles me from behind. Oh great, of course it was him. A very stoic Atlas holding up a half-eaten cotton candy. "When does he get here?" He asks, confusing me a little. "Arguing with the sheriff." She answers, staring ahead until he notices the two.

"Oh yes, of course he's lurking around. Bet Weems is in on this too." He scoffs. "Sure looks like it..." Wednesday remarks, peering into the eyes of a certain blonde who simply smiled at us all. "Let's get outta here." The boy sighs, walking away, followed by the raven before he turns back to face me. 

"You coming or not?"