𝟙𝟘.

"Never show your faces around these parts ever again... punks."

Bursting out laughing, still lying on the ground, I doubled down the moment Atlas helped me up, still trying to register what the actual fuck happened back there, in the House of Horrors before we were literally kicked outta there.

"You're insane-" He chuckles softly, looking away. "I get that a lot." I nod, still laughing until finally calming down. "Yeah, I wonder why." He rolls his eyes playfully, leading us away from there as the judgemental crowd began whispering.

"I can't believe you actually chased that stupid satan with his own faux-trident!" The boy scoffs, chuckling softly as we both began slurping on our Slurpees. "Hey- He's the one who invaded MY personal space." I defend. "You know what? I respect that." He nods in agreement.

Walking around the fair, we did receive a lot of weird glances from almost everyone who laid their eyes upon us, but Atlas was strangely unfazed by that. From what I had heard about him so far, it seemed like an everyday thing, and that part honestly kinda sucks.

The normies never understood him for obvious reasons, but he didn't seem to be very social when it came to dealing with the outcasts either. It's probably just his introversion, but I couldn't help but feel a little sad. 

For the next 15 minutes, we played a lot of games, all of them rigged by the way... But I did end up winning a panda for him eventually. "So, what are you gonna call it?" I ask as we waited in the queue for the Ferris before the fireworks would begin in 10 minutes from now.

"Panda." He replies, once we get into a cabin.

"Seriously?" I raise my brow at the nonchalant boy. "What? It is a panda." He shrugs, tapping it's not. "I love you- I love you..." The panda sings aloud, making me chuckle a little. "Great, now it seems like a pathetic validation." He sighs, holding the panda tight.

"I think it's cute." I smile, squishing it's cheeks. "Oh, he's floof!" I grin, aweing at the animal. "Reminds me of this gift my mom gave me when I was younger. It was also a panda, but a lot bigger than this one..." He muses, smiling softly. "Oreo, I called it." 

We were slowly reaching the top, and the night was getting darker. The fireworks would start soon, and if our luck was good enough, maybe we'd get to see it up close. "What happened to it?" I ask once I see his smile fade. "She ripped his head off." He deadpans, looking away.

Wait, she in the sense his mom? Why would she do that? The fuck-

"Why'd she do that?" I ask, a little nervous, hoping I wasn't overstepping boundaries. "My mom... Had issues, alright?" He answers a minute later. "It's complicated. I'd rather not get there." He sighs, looking at the sky as we finally reached the top.

"You know, today was actually the most fun I've had in a long time." He then says, face calm but body tensed. "I mean, don't get me wrong, that carousel was an absolute pain." He adds quickly, making me chuckle at how hard it was for him and pretty much all the guys who were on there to walk afterwards...

"But thank you." He looks down at me, his usually pouty lips curling up into a soft smile, eyes folding into perfect blue crescents. "I haven't met many people who can get me to... ease up. Let alone those I haven't exchanged more than 5 words at a time in the past." He adds.

"Don't mention it. I had a great time too!" I smile back at the boy, knowing there wasn't much time we had left, and this was probably the last time we'd ever speak. Sure, it did sting a little, considering that whatever incidents I've had with him so far did nothing but get my hopes up.

But I also didn't know this guy enough to be SAD sad now that he was leaving. And thinking about it now, it's probably for the best, because I just can't lose any more people in my life. And sometimes the best way to achieve that is by not letting them in in the first place.

"And hey, I don't know why it is that you're leaving, or what you're planning to do once you make it..." I then start as the wheel suddenly stops. "But just stay safe, alright?" I finish, and before he could reply, the sky was lit up by several fireworks illuminating our faces.

WOAH- I CAN'T BELIEVE MANIFESTING THAT ACTUALLY WORKED!

"It's beautiful..." I awe, staring at the vivid sky. "Very." The boy adds, looking at me. what did he mean by that? Was he talking about me, or the sky? Either way, I got that odd fuzzy feeling in my stomach again as our eyes locked with each other.

"I guess it's time..." I clear my throat, looking away once the wheel starts spinning again. "I guess so." The boy mumbles, looking away too. Is it bad that I wanna feel his touch one more time before he goes? Well, of course it is, y/n. You don't even know the guy-

Unable to resist the urge, intoxicated by the beauty of all around me, I felt bold enough to hold his hand. Expecting him to push it away the moment our skin made contact, because I'm just very pessimistic that way, I was pleasantly surprised when he gave my hand a soft squeeze.

Dear lord- the day keeps getting better!