𝟜𝟝.

"Like a death's-head moth-"

Clearly upset after seeing the raven, Bianca stormed away after seeing the look on her partner's face. There's no denying that Xavier feels for the girl. His eyes said it all. And though it was pretty understandable, the fact that he proceeded to lead his ex on just to get back at the raven...

It just didn't sit right with me.

Okay, so he's hurt and feels rejected and is probably looking for a distraction... Those are normal feelings, and I'm sure everyone goes through it as some point in their lives. Even me. But that doesn't give you the right to play with someone else's feelings.

If a rebound is what you're looking for, then the lease you can do it be honest about it.

Bianca loves Xavier, and it's pretty damn obvious for even a stranger to guess that. And I'm sure he knows that too, yet he proceeded to use her as a distraction, completely disregarding her feelings. Sure, it may not be that deep, or concern me either, for that matter.

But I just can't stand emotionally selfish people. It may be easier said than done, especially since I'm not the one stuck in that situation presently, but it's still pathetic, to an extent. Xavier, in my opinion, deserves to suffer, and Bianca can really do a lot better than that egghead.

And though I wanted to go after her right now to see how she was doing, I decided to give her some space, because we didn't even know each other that well yet. I'll probably still talk to her soon though. "I'm gonna go get us some drinks." The werewolf speaks coldly, excusing himself.

"I'll catch up with you guys later." I smile at the crowd, excusing myself and following the boy to the table where the punch was kept. I was about to say something, when the familiar raven approached us both. "Guess Thing decided to play Matchmaker with the two of you too?" Wednesday muses, pouring herself some punch.

"Thing? No." The boy replies. "I did it myself." He answers, handing me some punch. "He did get me the dress though." I admit, checking out hers. "You look mesmerizing." I smile, loving that black, gothic victorian gown on her.

"And you look like that butterfly I squashed not too long ago." She remarks, checking me out.

"It was a beauty." She then adds. "Thanks?" I reply, a bit unsure on how to take that. "Wow guys- enough with the flattery. You'll almost make me blush." Atlas rolls his eyes sarcastically, clearly feeling left out. "Oh please- I already overheard your conversation with Ajax earlier." Wednesday scoffs.

"The one wherein you wished you could engage in unholy activities with your own reflection because of how hot you looked, and then he volunteered to do that to you instead, and you both began leaning in slowly, and seductively, until--" She deadpans until the boy finally cut her short.

"That's enough!" He sais, making the raven raises her brow, and me burst out laughing.

"So I was feeling a little confident today. So what?" He scoffs.  "And how would you justify your little moment with the gorgon?" She questions skeptically. "An average days with the homies." He defends. "Besides, it's not like I was lying or anything." He rolls his eyes.

"Right, y/n?" He then turns to me, his lips curling up into a slight cocky smirk as I choked on my drink by the suddenness of the statement. But before I could answer, a familiar wolf-pup came to my rescue. "OMG you guys- I LOVE the look!" Enid squeals, approaching us.

"Interesting choice of date though." She then frowns at Tyler, who was standing in the corner, glaring at Atlas, who was also glaring back at the brunette. "I could say the same." Wednesday retorts, glaring at Lucas Walker, who was wearing a different outfit now.

"Yeah, like what even is up with that?" I stare at the normie, who just stared blankly at his phone, probably waiting for Enid, his date. "It's not what it looks like." The wolf-pup sighs. "Good. Because that pilgrim already has two strikes in my book." Snaps the raven.

"I'm pretty sure I lost count of the number of strikes your date has in my book." Scoffs the werewolf, chugging down another punch. I just smile at the boy, holding his hand reassuringly, trying to calm him down a little.

"Lucas is trying to make his ex jealous, and I'm trying to make Ajax jealous." Enid explains. "It's a win-win." She shrugs. "Can't believe I'm the only one with a normal date right now-" I scoff, somewhat relieved, and somewhat bored because I would've enjoyed some drama too.

"Doesn't look so normal to me-" Enid scoffs, making me look at Atlas, who was still staring at his twin, who was currently conversing with the red boots lady. Thornhill, from earlier. "Okay, you know what, enough of this. You're coming with me-" I scoff, dragging the boy away.

"My punch..." He whines, wanting to go back for a refill before we could leave, but I was too impatient for this now. I wanted answers, and I wanted them now. I wanted to know everything, no matter how long it'd take, and then finally enjoy whatever remains of the night.

Shoving the boy into the nearest room I found, I shut the door behind us, and turned to face him sternly, sitting on top of a table, crossing my eyes. "Speak." I command. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? I really wanted tonight to be different." He sighs.

"it's just... It's hard to not think about something when it's right in front of you." He scoffs. "What's bothering you?" I ask. "Well, everything!" He answers. "The monster, the dance, Thornhill, Tyler, my father..." He lists. "He wasn't supposed to be here!" He rolls his eyes.

"And why does his presence bother you so much? It's not like he has any power over you in your domain whatsoever." I shrug. "Because you don't know the shit he did the last time he was here-" He scoffs. "And on Outreach Day..." He mumbles. 

"Well then, enlighten me."