𝟚𝟝.

"Yo, y/n... I know it's not my place to ask, but are you sure you're okay?"

Snapping back to reality, I just stare blankly at the boy before realizing that he was expecting a verbal answer. "Yeah, sure." I mumble, continuing to spin around my rotating barista seat while Tyler and Xavier did all the work on my behalf.

"You don't seem too sure of that-" Xavier scoffs, mopping the floor.

"Look, about the other night... I know it must've been intense, alright?" Tyler starts, ignoring the artist. "I mean, you did get caught dancing on top of a table with a clique that belongs to what the government considers the 'enemy'-" Sighs the brunette.

"It's not about that." I cut him short. "It's just some personal shit. I'd rather not get there..." I sigh, getting myself together now that I knew that sulking around really wasn't gonna change anything. Might as well enjoy while I still can.

"Hey!" I then walk over to Xavier. "Can I help you?" He asks coldly. "Actually, yes... You could start by cleaning that mess those dumb wannabe pilgrims left behind." I scoff, looking at the table Lucas and his goons were seated at. "Other than that?" The boy raises his brow.

"Well, do you know where Atlas is? I was kinda hoping he'd pick the Weathervane..." I mumble coyly, missing him already. "Actually he switched with me for Uriah's Heap." Xavier answers. "That shithole?" I repeat, a bit confused. "Why?" I ask, not expecting that.

"Since when did you care?" He snaps. "Since I got my phone confiscated and haven't seen him around for weeks." I scoff, and his face kinda softens. "Huh... I knew you weren't a bitch." He mumbles to himself, looking down as if recalling something.

"I'm sorry?" I raise my brows, hella confused. "Look, Atlas is an overthinker... He's got a huge ego, but he'll come around." Xavier shrugs. "I have no idea what you're talking about." I roll my eyes, even more puzzled now.

"Well, ever since--" He starts to say something, but was cut short by the crabby brunette who stood behind me. "Sorry to interrupt your little reunion, but if you guys aren't gonna help, you could just find somewhere else to work." Tyler scoffs.

Rolling my eyes at the boys, I went back to my chair, and started spinning around. What's with everyone today? Wondering where the rest of my friends (Enid and Wednesday) were, I began talking with Tyler now as he began baking some fresh.

"So you're telling me I could've been serving fudges to a bunch of hot German tourists rather than serving coffee to a crowd of uncivilized ugly normies?!" I raise my brows at the boy. "I love hot German tourists!" I scoff, upset to not be working at Pilgrim World.

This shit was soooo boring!

"Not like you're doing anything..." Xavier chuckles wryly, watching me spin around again, after I got rid of my dizziness. "Trust me, it's better that way." Tyler sighs, holding up the pitcher I accidently broke while serving coffee to a faceless Outcast who didn't even have a mouth.

And yes, it was Atlas's favorite pitcher, so I have no idea how I'm gonna face him after this...

"How much longer must I wait for my cookies?" I groan, spinning around a few more times. "Easy there with the seat. Wouldn't want it breaking too now, would you?" He warns. I just roll my eyes, slowing down a little.

About a minute later, he finally came out with a plate full of cookies. "FINALLY! Took you long enough." I scoff, about to take one, but he takes the dish back. "Is that what I get for baking you a fresh batch?" He raises his brow at me.

"...Thanks." I say flatly, and he hands me the cookies. "Careful, they're still very hot." He informs me a few seconds too late, for I had just burnt my tongue now. I panicked a little, and chugged down the nearest glass of milk, feeling much better now.

"Couldn't you have told this to me any sooner?" I snap at him. "Hey, it's not my fault you were so greedy." He laughs, rolling his eyes. "Wait, I've been meaning to ask..." I change the topic. "Hmm?" He looks at me. "Have you seen Atlas recently?" I ask, unable to get him outta my mind.

"Not since he spray painted a dick all over the Owner's face on the board outside." He replies, making me bite my tongue to contain my laughter. "When was this?" I ask. "The same night you got grounded." He answers. So that's what the cans were for... Got it.

"Why'd he do that?" I ask, somewhat amused, somewhat concerned since no one had seen him after that incident. "Probably upset about the ban." Tyler shrugs. "But between you and me... He has always been that way." He sighs. "Been what way?" I ask, rather curious now.

"So... Reckless?" Tyler replies hesitantly. "He probably got drunk and began overthinking again." He rolls his eyes. "Wouldn't be the first time." He adds. "What do you mean?" I wonder aloud. "Atlas has got issues. The kind simple therapy can't fix." He sighs.

"He always bottles shit up until he eventually explodes. It's crazy how he turns into a completely different person-" He scoffs. "I mean, we all thought some time in juvie must've done some good, but it only made him a bigger mess than he is!" He complains.

"Juvie? What for?" I ask, worried now. "Oh, uh... Let's just say that he was going through a real rough patch a few years ago... Like, after mom died and everything." He mumbles, looking like he really didn't wanna talk about it. I knew better than to push him to open up about it.

But my curiosity knew no bounds, so I couldn't resist the urge to ask about it anyway.

"What happened?" I ask him, and he began getting a little uneasy. "Look, it's not my story to tell, but uh, he really roughed a kid up at camp once..." He answers, his hands a little shaky. "Thank god you were not there to witness it... It was insane. He nearly killed the boy-" He rambles.

"Got addicted to smoking for a while too. I'm still not sure if he quit yet." He sighs. 

"I meant with his mom..." I mumble. "What happened to her?" I question. "Didn't your mom die around the same time too?" I then wonder aloud, a little suspicious now, and Tyler's grip on the ketchup bottle tightened, making all the ketchup squirt out, ruining the sandwich, his apron, and the counter.

"You okay?" I ask, noticing this, a little concerned.

"This isn't 21 questions!" Tyler snaps. "And by the way you volunteered here to actually help me around. Not cause any further distractions. If you have any questions, maybe you should ask HIM instead, but do realize that if he wanted to tell you anything, he would've already done so!"

Storming away after causing the scene, I just looked around awkwardly at the crowd that stared agape at us. I have never seen him like that... So angry, and red. Hell, I didn't even know he was capable of losing his patience. Things aren't adding up right now.

What is it exactly that he's hiding?

"I-I'm sorry..." I then mumble to the crowd, getting up. "I'll uh, clean that I guess." I say softly, to no one in particular, feeling my heart sink when I registered everything he told me about the werewolf I missed so bad right now.

I just wanna know if he's okay, because from what I've heard, he's anything but fine. I know it wasn't Tyler's place to tell, nor mine to ask... But now that everything was in the open, I couldn't help but find flaws in the story.

Walking to the corner, I grabbed some paper towels to clean the counter, but that's when Xavier came up to me after witnessing all this. "It's alright... I got this." He sighs, taking the things from me and getting to work. "Thanks." I frown, leaving through the back now after excusing myself.

"I need some air..."