Chapter 10

Maira's POV:
" I know you had a long day today, I'll talk to you tomorrow."  came his text. He's saying as if I'm dying to talk to him. Ya Allah please iss se bacha liyega. Yeh banda mujhe marwayega.

Sleep came to me after a while. I couldn't stop overthinking but eventually I calmed down then slept.

Today was a Saturday so I woke up late. I woke up at 12 in the noon. I checked my phone and of course he had messaged.
"Good morning. I hope you had a good sleep."

"I did,indeed." I replied. I don't get what he wants when I've told him so clearly that I don't want to talk to him. He wants me to be his girlfriend, and I can't do that. I've told him that as well but he is still as persistent as he was. I think to get rid of him I would have to play along with him until he gets done with me or else he'll show up at my house or something. I think I hurt his ego by saying no to him.

"So what are your plans for today?" He asked.

Why is he acting like he's a friend of mine when all I know about him is his name, and that he did BBA and then went after his father's business.

"Nothing you should be concerned about."

"Acha jee? You know na ke pata karne ke liye main tumhare ghar aasakta hun?" He threatened in a playful manner.

"Yeh harkat mat karna aur waise bhi, how did you get to know my address?" I asked the one question going in my mind.

"It was very very easy but you don't need to know." He replied. He just keeps adding to my frustration, but I can't even talk back to him because I believe that he can show up at my house any minute.

"Mhm, I know asking you again and again won't help so I won't ask further."I replied.

"Bilkul. Ab tou jaan ne bhi lagi ho mujhe." He replied trying to flirt.

"Han koi pagal aadmi mere peeche parr gaya hai, baar baar message karta rehta hai aur phir ghar tak bhi ajata hai. Pata nahi peecha kaise churwaoun." I replied.

"Itni asaani se tou peecha nahi chorega woh pagal aadmi. aur chor bhi kaise sakta hai woh bhala?"He played along.

"Acha ab dimaagh mat khao, main ab fresh hoke nashta karne jaa rahi. Don't message me. If someone accidentally reads your message you know what'll happen." I told him.

" Han bilkul, ab hifz hogaya hai mujhe" He replied sarcastically. "I also have to go now, but I'll talk to you in the evening okay? I'll message you and you have to reply."

"Does it make a difference if I say no?"

"Absolutely not."

"Why bother asking then? Okay I'm going bye. Don't reply to this."

I then deleted the whole chat then went on to do my business. Today we had planned to go to Arisha's house for 'group study' as mids were nearing. But we all know how it ends.

It was 4 in the evening and I was ready waiting for Azlan to come back from his football match so he could drop me. As soon as he came, we left for Arisha's house.

At her house after an hour of doing past papers, we decided to go to the park. Arisha lives in a safe, gated society hence we were allowed to go to the park.

It was around 6 and the sunset was looking beautiful. I put my hand in the pocket of my kurta and then realised I forgot my phone at Arisha's house. Hence i took Mishal's phone and clicked some pictures.

We were talking about random things and having a chilled bottle of soft drink along with some chips. I looked at Mishal and my eyes caught a similar figure behind her.

No please! Not again. I can't deal with him now. What the hell man. What is he doing here.

He approached me and stood right in front of me. I was confused as to why he was here while Arisha and Mishal were trying to figure out where they saw him. As soon as they figured out, they looked at me in confusion. Before I could say anything to them, Zaaviyar spoke, "May I talk to you, Maira?"He said in an intimidating voice. He seemed angry.

I replied in a trembling voice, "Yes, go ahead."
I was scared of him because he seems quite angry. He was good with me till morning, what's his problem now.

"Alone." He demanded. No No No. That is not happening.

"You can say whatever you want to in front of them as well." I tried to avoid talking to him alone. 

" I said alone Maira. Don't make this hard on yourself." He replied very angrily. What is up with him and his weird mood swings.

"Excuse me. How are you talking to her?" Mishal intervened but she shut up when Zaaviyar gave her a death stare that could easily shut any one up.

Knowing that he won't budge if I don't talk to him so I decided that I'll talk to him but having the girls just on the next bench. I told them, "Don't worry, I'll talk to him. You guys can sit on the next bench." I glared at him as I spoke to the girls.

He came and sat next to me.