Chapter 24

Maira's POV:
I was looking at Zaviyaar talking about his work. The way his eyes squint, the way he smiles, his hand gestures while talking.This is not the Zaviyaar who showed up at my house at midnight, I thought. He's changed for better. I am so proud that he stopped drinking. He looks so cute ranting about his work.

"Haina?" He asked. Oh shit! I wasn't listening to him but admiring him. I just hummed agreeing to what he said.

"Khair tum batao, how were your papers?" Zavi asked me.

"They went pretty well, I hope I get grades good enough to get into my dream university"
I said with a little doubt in voice.

"Don't worry, you worked hard for it, you will get good grades" He said with a smile while grabbing a few french fries from my plate.

I squatted his hand away and he looked at me with a frown like a baby who got his favourite toy snatched. I chuckled and forwarded my plate to him gesturing him to take some fries. He smiled and took some french fries.

He is definitely not the Zaviyaar I met.

"So how is everyone? Your parents, Arsalan and Sahil?" I asked trying to initiate a conversation.

"Arsalan aur Sahil tou apne mazey main hain. Ammi Abbu bhi theek hain. Maine jabse sharab chori hai aur kaam karna shuru kiya hai tou donon tension main agaye hain ke sab theek bhi hai ke nahi" He said while laughing. I too laughed in reply.

"That reminds me, I'll introduce you to my parents" He said and I got still. I looked at him still drinking the milkshake he ordered as if he said nothing out of the blue. I didn't know how to react. I mean won't it be weird? I'll get so awkward.

"Hmm maybe someday" This was the most that I could say. Thankfully he didn't push anymore on this. He might've sensed my awkwardness on this topic. It's not like I have anything against his parents, I'm just very awkward plus we still have to figure out how we'll get around my family.

"Are you excited for university?" He asked changing the topic thankfully. We talked for some time and then came the time to say good bye.

"Guess I'll have to wait to pick and drop you." He said.

"I guess, but for now I'll take your leave so take care Allah Hafiz." I said to him at the door of the restaurant.

"Hmm, you too take care, I love you. Text me when you reach home" He said ever so softly.

I moved a little towards him " I love you too." I said timidly. He just smiled at me and I then walked towards the car.

Before sitting in the car I looked back at him once again and he was already looking at me. He just blinked at me as if giving me assurance. I nodded my head and sat in the car.

Today was beautiful. I wish everyday could be as beautiful as today. He's everything I ever wanted. He's my peace, my love, my home.