Chapter 17

Zaviyaar's POV:
She was yelling at me while crying. I will accept that she yells at me, hell she can even hit me but I don't want to see her cry, I don't want to see her in pain. I can't.

She was walking towards the road and just when I was standing up to stop her from going further, I heard the voice of tires screeching.

And the car hit Maira.

My heart stopped. I couldn't breathe. It was as if someone took life out of me. Someone took my soul out of me.

I ran towards her. I kept her head in my lap. "MAIRA, MERI JAAN, STAY WITH ME PLEASE. DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES. LOOK AT ME MAIRA PLEASE" I didn't know when tears started brimming in my eyes.

Arsalan and Sahil came there and they were shocked to see Maira in blood. Without wasting any time Sahil brought the car and I carried Maira to the car. I placed her on the backseat and sat with her. I placed her head on my lap and tapped her cheeks to make sure she stays with me.

But my Maira closed her eyes.

That 10 minute drive to the hospital was the most terrifying and longest 10 minutes I had ever spent. Sahil was already driving like a crazy guy thus it made the 30 minutes drive into a 10 minute drive.

When we reached the hospital, I picked her up again and rushed into the emergency room. I placed her on a stretcher. "I WANT HER TO BE ALRIGHT. TREAT HER. IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO HER REMEMBER I WON'T LET YOU LIVE IN PEACE" I yelled. I was not in my senses. Tears were falling down my cheeks and my heart was pounding. It had the fear of unknown.

Arsalan had brought Maira's friends here. They were the ones who made the call to her family informing them about the accident.

Sahil took me away from there. "You can't be infront of her family, she won't like that. Let's get you home. Your shirt is all bloodied, you can change, rest a little and then we'll come tomorrow okay?" Sahil said.

"I can't leave her like this Sahil. I can't see her like this. I want her to be okay." I told him truthfully. "I can't go right now. I won't be able to breathe knowing she's battling for life. Sahil, It's my fault. I shouldn't have gone to her. I should've given her time to process everything. Ghalti tou shuru se meri hai. Uss bechari ki kiya ghalti thi ke main uske peeche para tha? I'm feeling suffocated right now. I just want her to be okay." I told Sahil breaking down.

"I love her. I can't imagine a life without her. I can't imagine a life where she's not there. Whether she's my partner or not, but I need her presence." I said completely bursting into tears. It's been years since I've cried like this. I don't even remember the last time I cried like this. Sahil hugged me and I cried even more.

Just a few moments later, her family arrived. Her mother was hysterically crying while her father looked as if he was trying to keep himself together. Her brothers were equally distraught. Her mother went straight to Maira's friends and hugged them. All three of them were crying. They love Maira a lot, I thought.

The doctor came and said something to her family. I asked Arsalan to find out what the doctor said. He came to me saying," She has fractured her left ankle, and left arm. Her left knee also got dislocated so an immediate operation will be done. Thankfully, when she hit her head on the road, it didn't damage her brain. And there was no damage on the spinal cord either."

"Ya Allah tera shukar" was the words that escaped my mouth after I heard that there was no life threatening damage done to her. It surprised Arsalan and Sahil but it also surprised me as well. Probably the first time I said this.
I gave everyone another surprise including myself.

I told them that I wanted to pray.

It had been years since I hadn't prayed. When I was 7 years old, I learnt how to offer prayers but then I just didn't offer any prayer. I don't remember the last time I had prayed. But today I see no hope other than this. I knew Maira prays religiously. There must be something about it.

Arsalan, out of the three of us, had some knowledge about the religion. He told me that I couldn't pray with bloodied clothes and he reminded me the whole method of prayer.

I went to the washroom first and washed my clothes. Then I asked for the prayer room from the receptionist and she guided me towards it. I offered 2 Ra'kat Nafl and then raised my hands for Dua.

"Ya Allah main koi bohot naik banda nahi hun. Har ghalat kaam main para hun. Sharminda hun Apse, saare ghalat kaam karne ke baad Apke saamne hi kisi ki sehat ke liye haath phela raha hun. Ya Allah Tu tou dilon ka haal jaanta hai. Tu jaanta hai mere dil main Maira ko leke koi ghalat khayal nahi hai. Muhabbat hogayi hai mujhe ussey. Ussey iss haal main nahi dekh sakta. Ya Allah ussey bas theek karde." I asked Allah crying. I was breaking down for the second time in one hour. I sat there in the prayer room, helpless, continously praying for her health, for God knows how long.

Sahil came to the prayer room. He told me to come with him. He told me that her operation was successful and that she would be discharged soon. She was unconscious right now due to the anaesthesia.

Hearing this, I went back to the prayer room and offered 2 Ra'kat Shukrane ke Nafl. I thanked Allah for listening to my pleads. Allah never sends his man empty handed.

It was 3 am already and I got to know that she was sleeping. Her friends went home and only her mother was staying with her for the night. She forced Maira's father and her brothers to go home and let her stay with Maira.

I too stayed all night at the hospital but at a distance. Sahil and Arsalan stayed with me the whole night as well. I couldn't go without seeing my Maira.

************************
Hi everyone! I hope you're doing well! Kindly give your feedback in the comments. It really motivates me.
Alsooo, the prayer scene is inspired by @AsfarNoor.
Thankyou!