Chapter 14

Author's POV:
It was Monday today but Maira didn't go to college. Maira and Zaviyaar didn't have a conversation since that day even though Zaviyaar tried messaging her and calling her. It had been a day but Zaviyaar thought not to show up at her house.

It was around 1 pm when Zaviyaar called Maira again and this time around she picked it. "Asalamualaikum" Her voice came. "Walaikumasalam Maira, How are you?" He asked. His tone had concern written all over it. "I'm good." She replied in a dejected voice. "That's the generic reply. I want to know how are you? You don't seem good."He further asked.

"I'm okay Zaviyaar. What else do you want me to say?" Maira replied in an irritated tone. He decided to ignore this. "I'm organising a bonfire at your college for you so that we can meet,so please show up there and I know your family won't have a problem with you going to a college event. So please come there Maira. It's a sincere request."

Maira was speechless. Was he organising this event just so that he could meet her? "Organising events isn't in your domain. You're doing this just for me?" She asked in disbelief. "Yes, only for you." He replied.

"Umm Zaviyaar, I don't know if I can come."She said. "Yar I'm getting an whole event organised just so that I could talk to you, and you're still saying you can't come?" He replied to her.

"I have my reasons and I don't remember telling you that I want to talk to you and for that matter, meet you." Maira told him furiously.

"Please come just this once. I won't ask again."He tried to convince her. "I'll think about it." She said. "Allah Hafiz" and she hung up the phone.

Maira was scared to go to college. When they were in that park that day, after Zaviyaar left, Mishal and Arisha went to a shop which was just one street away, to get Maira some ice cream to cheer her up. That is when Ali, a boy from their college shows up. Maira tells him that she can't talk to him but he doesn't move. " I can't talk to you right now, I need to go" She says and gets up.

But he stops her by pulling on her wrists and touches her disgustingly. "Wh...What are you doing? Back off. I didn't give you the permission to touch me nor did I give you the permission to talk to me. Move away." She said jerking her hand away. But Ali doesn't move away instead he holds her by her waist and pulls her back to himself and holds her tight so she can't escape.

He then starts moving his finger on her neck in a sensual manner making Maira cringe. She then pushes him with all her strength and takes the run. She ran with all her might towards the shop where she collided with her friends. As soon as she saw them she tried to act normal. She didn't tell her friends about that incident or for that matter she didn't tell any one. She said that she saw a dog and ran away from there and it was a pretty good excuse as everyone knew how she had a phobia of dogs.She felt ashamed of the incident, even though it should've been the bastard who did that to her.

She got home and went straight to her room. She thought about everything that happened that day. It felt right for her to get her mind off everything and spend time with her family.

She went downstairs, "Asalamualaikum Baba!" She said and hugged her father. "Walaikumasalam mera bacha, Kaisi rahi group study?" Her father, Ahmer Yousaf, asked. "It was good. Thoray past papers kiye thay phir park chalay gaye thay." She told him honestly.

Maira had a beautiful bond with her father. As she was the youngest and only daughter of her parents, she was the most loved one. Since she was a child, every little or big wish of hers was fulfilled. Her father didn't ever raise his voice while talking to Maira, never ever scolded her. But her mother played a vital role in keeping her in check. Not that she would scold her or beat her. Maira was brought up in such a way that even a glare from her mother would shut her up. She was always told a set of rules by her mother and she was bound to follow them, it also included not talking to boys.

Her relationship with her eldest brother was full of love as well. Her eldest brother, Umair loved her like his own child. They had an age gap of 8 years. While her relationship with her other brother, Azlan, was a love hate relationship. They fought a lot but at the end cared for each other like no other. Azlan was 4 years older than Maira. Both the brothers were very protective of Maira and it had been that way since forever.

To the point where Maira's mother, Fariha, told her children that when Maira was only a few days old and the extended family was coming to see Maira in a family event, Azlan and Umair didn't like how everyone would come and see their baby sister, so they sat with their baby sister through out the whole event telling their mother , "Mama aap baby sab ko kyun dikha rahi hain?"

Anyways, that day the whole family had a quality time. They played ludo, watched a movie and had dinner. It helped Maira get her mind off the events of the day but once she was back in her room, everything came back to her.