Chapter 42

Maira's POV
I was sitting in my kitchen having my breakfast which Mama made for me specially. Nothing beats 'Mama ke haath ka Aalu ka Paratha'.

"Aaj university nahi jaana tumhe?" Baba asked as he walked in the kitchen. I paused the show I was watching and turned to look at him who was grabbing a glass from the cupboard.

"Nahi ab tou 2 hafte baad exam hai na tou study break mila huwa hai" I informed him to which he just nodded.

"Mama kahan hain tumhari?" He looked around the kitchen while drinking water.

"Pata nahi" I shrugged.

"Beta kitni dafa kaha hai khaana khaate huwe yeh sab nahi" Baba pointed at my phone which was playing my show. I sheepishly grinned at him and turned off the phone.

He came and side hugged me saying "Badmaash" and kissed the side of my head and walked out. Out of respect I didn't put the show back on but I sat there diving into a deep ocean of different thoughts. It had been 3 days since I last met Zaviyaar. I was more than haply with him but another thought that came to my head was how will I break it to my family that I don't want to go ahead with this alliance with Shaheer. The even scarier part was how will I convince them that I want to marry Zavi. Everyone flipped out the last time, don't want that to happen again.

Taking the last bite of the paratha I decided to keep all the marriage thoughts at bay and focus on my upcoming exam.

I was sitting in my room with a textbook in my hand and my laptop in front of me solely focusing on the lecture I was listening to when Mama walked in.

"Beta ziyada busy ho?" she asked before walking towards the bed.

I took off the earphones I was wearing and walked towards her from the study table to the bed. "Nahi Mama bolein". She seemed a little serious.

"Shaheer and his family will be coming tomorrow to fix the date" she said and I blanked out for a moment not understanding what to say next.

I composed myself and cleared my throat before saying "Itni jaldi? Exams tou hone dein"

"Unki call ayi thi. Don't worry, the date will be fixed after your exams" she patted my hair while smoothening it lovingly.

I had no courage to say anything to them. I was being a coward because suddenly all the flashbacks of that day came in front of me. Mainly Baba in the hospital.

I knew that no matter what I will be marrying Zavi. And it would be wrong in every way to Shaheer as I had no feelings for him. He too deserved someone who would love him the way I love Zavi.

I opened my mouth to tell my mother but I just couldn't. I decided that I'll speak to Zaviyaar first. I don't think telling my family about Zaviyaar and I is going to work out because I think this time around they'll be much much worse towards Zavi and I don't even want to think about their reaction towards me.

I just lowered my gaze in front of my mother and hugged her and kissed her cheek. I needed my mother's warmth and love because I couldn't handle the turmoil going inside my head. The wheels in my head were turning and maybe I was coming up with a solution to this..maybe not.

I knew who to talk to, to get through this issue. Of course I called Arisha and Mishal for advice.

"Maira I know that it'll be extremely difficult. I know but you can't do this to yourself. I know you'll never be happy with Shaheer even if you try. When you got engaged to him that was a different situation. You were trying to move on from Zaviyaar but now that he has been back in your life I see the difference in you. I truly see you happy, I see a genuine smile on your face Maira. This is a major decision and choose according to your own happiness. Be selfish once" Mishal had said.