Chapter 25

Author's POV:
They met each other after 3 months, hearts were full and contended. It was more than any of them could ask for.

It was around evening time when Maira's father called her to his room.

"Jee baba?" She spoke as she entered her parents room. She went and sat beside her father hugging him from the side.

"Paper kaisa huwa?"

"It went well"

"Uske baad celebrate welebrate kiya?" He asked.

"Jee! Main, Arisha aur Mishal naashte pe gaye thay exam ke baad" Maira told the partial truth.

"Acha bas aise hi celebrate kiya?" He interrogated further.

"Jee uske baad Mishal ne ghar drop kardiya" She said looking at her father who was asking unusual questions.

" I really thought we taught you better Maira." Her father said gritting his teeth and breaking himself apart from Maira.

"Baba?" She asked in confusion not knowing what he's referring to.

"I'll ask you once more Maira. Is that all? Is there anything more to whatever you told me?" Ahmer asked Maira. Maira started sensing something was wrong but stuck to her lie.

"J-Jee Baba aur kiya hosakta hai" She said with fear in her voice.

"I know you were having breakfast with a boy Maira." Her father finally said and she stood up from the sofa, standing in front of her father.

For Maira it felt as if the ground beneath her feat slipped before her. Everything became still and she became numb. She couldn't say anything.

"Am i right?" He asked.

She wasn't able to say anything. She was embarrassed but more than that she was fearful for the reaction that was to come.

Her father unlocked his phone and showed her a picture. It was her and Zaviyaar at the restaurant.

"Is this you?" He asked trying to tame his anger. She still didn't answer.
"IS THIS YOU MAIRA?" He shouted this time around.

She flinched yet didn't answer. She wasn't able to look directly at her father's face. She looked down at the floor.

Upon hearing the voice of Ahmer shouting, both her brothers and mother rushed into the room. Umair knew what was going on, infact it was Umair who saw Zaviyaar and Maira at the restaurant as he was there for a meeting with a client. He thought it would be better not to create a scene there and tell their father who'd know what to do the best.

"Iska phone laao" Ahmer ordered Azlan who ran and brought her phone from her room. By this time Maira was sobbing. Her mother tried going to her to console her but Ahmer stopped her. This was the first time her father raised her voice at Maira and she being sensitive already, was deeply hurt.

"Kon tha woh?" Ahmer asked Maira while going through her phone looking for a specific number.

Before she could answer her father got a hold of a text Maira had sent to an unknown number "𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓. 𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒉 𝑯𝒂𝒇𝒊𝒛. 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔"

Her father turned the phone towards her showing her the text. She forgot to delete the messages she sent after she reached home informing him that she reached home safely.

Maira couldn't get words out of her mouth. She was crying miserably trying to form words.
"B-ba...Baba"

"Itne laad aur pyaar se paala tha tumhe, Har khuwahish poori ki thi, Jo kehti thi maangti thi sab poora karta tha. Iss din ke liye? Maa Baap se jhoot bolne ke liye? Seedha seedha batao kon hai yeh larka?"

"B-ba..ba-ba, Yeh-yeh Zavi-Zaviyaar hai" She said while hiccuping due to excessive crying.

Just before she could explain further, her phone pinged. It was Zaviyaar's message.
"𝑴𝒂𝒚 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝑴𝒆𝒓𝒊 𝑱𝒂𝒂𝒏?"

Her father read the text and his face almost turned red due to anger. It would be safe to say that she hadn't seen her father this angry.

But she knew it was this moment she dreaded the most, even before she confessed to Zaviyaar.

After her father read the text he looked up at Maira with such fury, anger and disappointment.

This was it. 'This was how it was going to go down.She thought.