Chapter 46

Read the note at the end please<3

Maira's POV

It was my last exam today. Finally! Ever since my exams started, Zaviyaar as well went back to work. He would drop me at my exam hall and then a driver and a guard that he hired especially for me, would pick me up. He had to be extra cautious for me.

However today after my exam I was going out with my friends as a celebration. Well I still haven't told my friends about my nikkah. I did plan on telling them today because before that everyone had their own problems and everyone was busy in the exam thus I waited a little to tell them in a dramatic way. Not too dramatic but just create a moment you know.

"I still insist that you take our guard and driver Ru. You know it's not the safest out there" Zaviyaar insisted for the 100th time probably. When I told him that I'll go out with my friends after my exam as a celebration, he immediately told me to take the guard and the driver but we all had already planned that we'll go in Dua's car. With the guard and the driver, a little privacy is invaded as we can't talk as openly as we'd like.

"Uffo tum tension nahi lo everything will be alright." I said opening the door of his car.

"Alright. Call me after you leave the hall and when you reach. Mujhe pata hai tum apne main magan hogi lekin if it's possible tou keep me updated okay?"

"Jee Zaviyaar Jee aur kuch?" I placed my elbow on the arm rest and fisted my palm and placed my chin over it blinking innocently at him.

"Han." He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. "Paper acha karke aana"

I smiled at him. "Main bura paper karti hi nahi hun" I giggled.

"Arrogance isn't a good thing Maira Madam" he gave in to the playful conversation.

"You're one to say. Learnt it from you" I quickly said and sprinted out of the car before turning back and poking out my tongue to him to which he only shook his head while laughing and I walked in the exam hall.

******

The exam actually went better than expected and that just uplifted my mood.

"Finally yaar khatam hogaye exams bojh utra sar se" Aliha said.

"Qasam se tang agayi thi ab tak main" Dua added and everyone agreed

"Sab choro let's go and have some halwa puri. It's been so long since I've had some" Fatima said like someone who hasn't been given food in ages.

I dropped a text to Zavi saying that we're leaving the exam hall. He immediately saw the text and called. I moved to the side a little as we walked towards the car parked a little away from the gate of the exam hall

"Asalamulaikum!" He greeted cheerfully " How was the exam?"

"Walaikumasalam! It went great! I told you na main bure paper karti hi nahi hun" I gloated.

"Ahan bilkul bilkul result wale din poochunga main bhi"

"Han han pooch lena InshAllah achay gardes hi ayenege"

"InshAllah" He added. "Abhi nikal rahi ho?"

"Han bas gaari main beth rahi hun ab"

"Okay then, Have fun and keep me updated"

"Oki bye" I said and kept my phone in my bag.

We all settled in the car and then began the debate on where to actually go.

"Dera chalte hain please. Uski halwa puri aha" I said while giving a chef's kiss.

"Nahi nahi too oily, tooso chalte hain!" Fatima spoke.

"Halwa puri khane jaa rahe hain oily tou hoga na yaar Dera chalo" Aliha came in to support me.

After a long debate we did settle on Dera. Dera is one of the most well known breakfast places in Karachi. You can find almost every desi breakfast item there.

Soon we reached there and just for Zaviyaar's peace of mind I texted him that we reached Dera.

All of us sat on the charpayi which was placed outdoor. We placed our order and we were talking about random things when I finally decided to tell them about my nikkah.

"Sunooo I have something very important to tell you guys!" I said excitedly.

Everyones attention came onto me and waited for me to say something next. "Koi drumroll tou do yaar" I whined.

Dua gave a drumroll banging on the the charpayi and everyone looked at me "I got married!"

"WHAT?"

"WHEN??"

"KIS SE?"

"Yes I did get married last week. It was a small gathering" I looked at Dua "And I got married to Zaviyaar" as she only knew who Zaviyaar was.

"WHAT? NO WAY! HOW DID YOUR PARENTS AGREE TO THIS?!" She almost yelled. Fatima and Aliha gave me confused looks as well.

I told them the story from the beginning, 4 years ago. All of them got excited for me as well and they were being the cutest until they started their nautanki.

"Humein nahi bulaya tumne" Aliha gave a disappointed nod.

"It all happened so quick" I justified.

"Free biryani gayi yaar" Fatima said shaking her head sideways and the other two joined her as well.

"Acha bhookay loug aaj ka nashta meri taraf se. Khush?" I knew this would happen.

All three of them grinned and I doubted whether or not they got food at their home. We were having the time of our lives eating some scrumptious Halwa puri. But that didn't last long for me as I heard a very very familiar voice.

__________________

Eid Mubarak Everybody!🫶 I know I promised a chapter yesterday as well but couldn't post it, I'm sorry for that. Secondly, I'm feeling very uninspired to complete this story even so at this point I don't even know where this is going honestly. Thinking of taking down this book frankly.