Chapter 43

Author's POV
The next morning came pretty soon. It was 6 o'clock in the morning when Maira woke up. Everyone was asleep at Maira's home. She quickly packed all her necessities in one bag and a few pair of clothes. Now she just had to wait for Zaviyaar to show up. Today was a Sunday hence the guard had a holiday today so it made it much easier for her to get through the door.

She was sitting on the bed rocking her knees because she was beyond nervous. Her heart pounding fast. On one hand she couldn't believe that she was taking this step. It did seem messed up to her but she couldn't get married to Shaheer. That just could not happen.

Maira was lost in the same thoughts when her phone started vibrating. She looked at the screen and it was Zaviyaar calling. She took in a deep breath and received the call.

"I'm outside Ru, you sure about this?" He spoke ever so softly.

"Yes" she muttered. "I'm coming" she spoke and cut the phone call.

Maira picked up her bag and for the last time she looked around her room and the note she left on the study table. Her eyes got teary there for a moment. She was leaving behind her life to start a new life with Zaviyaar.

She sighed heavily trying to get a control on her emotions and walked out of her room.

She sprinted towards the door and thankfully no one saw her as everyone was asleep. She quietly closed the main door of the house and walked outside to see Zaviyaar's car parked a little away from the gate of the house.

As soon as Zaviyaar saw her walking out of the house, he quickly came and took the bag from her.

He placed the bag in the backseat and they both settled in the car. Maira was just looking at her house with a longing look. Zaviyaar noticed that but didn't say anything.

After 2 minutes her asked her, " Chalein?" and she nodded in response not moving her eyes away from her house. The house she grew up in.

Soon they were on the main road and she was still lost in her thoughts. Zaviyaar cleared his throat to bring her out of those thoughts and he succeeded.

"So what have you planned?" she looked at Zaviyaar who was concentrating on the road.

"I have everything planned, you just don't worry and relax a little" he glanced at her and spoke gently to ehich she hummed in response.

Soon Zaviyaar parked the car in the basement of an apartment complex. By the looks of it, it seemed very expensive. It seemed like a very high class elite apartment. She gave a quizzical look to Zaviyaar who was now getting her back from the backseat.

"Just wait a little and I'll let you know" was all he said before walking towards the lift.

The elevator ride was silent. The elevator doors opened and Zaviyaar walked out of it followed by Maira who was very confused at this point by the way.

Zaviyaar took out a bunch of keys from his pocket and unlocked the door of the apartment. He opened the door and gestured Maira to get in.

"This is our apartment!" He said excitedly. "This is where you and I will live. I got this apartment after we met again at the restaurant and somehow I was sure that this time we will end up together so I started making things right for us in this apartment"

She looked around and everything was perfect. Just the way she liked it.

"This is perfect Zaviyaar! Thankyou so much!" she said excitedly too while still looking around.

He dropped her bag on the couch. "At around 12, Sahil and Arsalan will bring the Qazi. Arisha and Mishal will come too, I asked them yesterday."

Maira looked at him and found herself staring at him for a moment. This man was doing so much for her and she was grateful for him. While she was upset a little on leaving behind her home, it was her choice, she chose that and besides she couldn't wait for their nikkah.