Chapter 40

Zaviyaar's POV
She received my call after a few rings thankfully. "Asalamulaikum" I said almost in a whisper.

"Walaikumasalam" She replied. Hearing her voice felt like someone breathing life in me. At that moment I felt so vulnerable. Maybe it was the vodka but I felt as if I'll lose her again. I couldn't stand her being upset from me.

"Kaisi ho?" my voice almost cracked.

"Zaviyaar main theek hun, tum theek ho? Tumhari awaaz ko kiya huwa?" She replied concerned which caused a smile to come up on my face. I smiled looking outside the window and sniffed feeling that I'll cry later or sooner.

"Tumne kaha tha sharab chordun na? Main chordunga Maira, Qasam se. Aaj akhri dafa pee hai ainda nahi peeunga. I promise!" I said with tears gathering in my eyes.

"Zavi-" I cut her in between.
"You know I love you right? Maira I love you so damn much! Jo tum kahogi main karunga bas stay with me please. Forever" I said crying.

"Allah! Zavi kiya hogaya? Main kahin nahi jaa rahi hun, I am with you forever. Tum mujhse jaan chorwana bhi chahoge tou main nahi chorungi. Please don't cry! Meri jaan atak gayi hai" She said with concern etched all over her voice.

I wiped the tears that escaped from the corner of my eyes. All I needed was reassurance from her side maybe. I was anxious about losing her. I lost her once and I can't lose her again. I couldn't bear it now. I would seriously die.

"Thankyou, you made me feel better. I love you" I said.

"I love you too but don't say thankyou to me. Tum mujhe 'meri jaan' bhi kehte ho phir thankyou bhi? Not done" she said ever so cutely.

I chuckled listening to her. I knew that she was trying to cheer up my mood now.
"Jee jaisa aap kahein" I replied feeling better.

"Abhi kahan ho? Party khatam?" she asked.

"Khatam tou nahi huwi thi lekin I couldn't be there anymore, mujhe ek larki ki bohot yaad arahi thi, uss se baat karna bohot zaruri hogaya tha tou beech main se nikal gaya" I said with mischievousness.

"Uss larki ko bhi shayad tumhari yaad arahi thi, Baat huwi thi meri uss se" she replied with the same mischievousness.

We both chuckled at the same time at her reply. I felt happy and contented with this. With us.

"Arsalan ka wait kar raha hun gaari main. Tabiyat achi nahi lag rahi thi tou bahir aya tha. Abhi uss se call karunga then we'll leave." I told her.

"Tabiyat ko kiya huwa?"

"Bas kisi se baat karne ki tamanna thi" I flirted.

"Tch Tch Tch itna cheesy?" she replied feigning disgust and I laughed wholeheartedly.

"Chalo I'll go and call Arsalan. Ghar jaa ke rest karta hun"

"Oki bye. I think sab aa bhi gaye hain. You take care okay?" she said.

"Okay. Love you bye"

"Bye" she replied and I cut the call.

The distress I called her in, was gone. She had this power. Talking to her always felt like peace. Even 4 years back and even today. Maira Ahmer is my peace and she forever will be.
*****

I was at work talking to some of my employees when my phone buzzed. It was a message from Maira.

"Finally these classes are coming to an end. Can't wait for this to end. I'm walking towards my second last class for today. Can't believe I'll actually be done with uni after today. Bas exams reh jayenge. However we're planning on staying back after classes and discuss a little about the project and spend some time together as well" Came here message. It was her habit to tell me every detail about her day not that I ever mind that, in fact I love it.

It was three weeks after that party. I hadn't touched alcohol. After all I made a promise and I had to fulfil that. Maira and I hadn't been on better terms. I feel like after I put my vulnerabilities before her, we came closer because the fear that was bugging me subsided.

The very next day after that party I bought an apartment. I didn't tell Ammi nor Abbu and neither does Maira know but I bought an apartment for Maira and I because I imagine a future together for us. We'll both have our happily ever after. I started renovating it as well. Until we get married, I'll use this as a  getaway place for me and my boys.

"Wanna celebrate it?" I asked her moving away from the employees after dismissing them back to work.

"Depends, What are you thinking?" She replied.

"A nice lunch at a nice restaurant" I replied. Seedhi baat no bakwaas.

"Nope Mr Khan sorry can't do. Gotta attend my classes then I'm with my friends" she replied. I chuckled inwardly at her 'Mr Khan'.

"How about I come to your uni with some takeaway and we eat in my car?" She didn't reply to that because she might be in class by now. However, I took that as a yes and mentally made a note to leave after one and a half hour and get her favourite dish from her favourite restaurant and then make my way to her university.

Looking at my wrist watch, it was time for me to leave. I closed the file I was reading and grabbed my car keys, phone and wallet from the table in my office. I made my way to my car and drove to her favourite restaurant and bought some chicken chow mein for us. That girl is crazy for some chicken chow mein even though I'm not such a big fan of it myself.

After the order arrived I put the bag in the backseat of my car and then drove to Maira's university. I called her but she didn't pick up. I knew that her classes were over so she must be chilling somewhere around the campus and from what I know she will be either in the cafeteria or in the main garden area. Entering inside the university was no problem, all I had to do was pay the guard just like last time.

I parked my car in the parking lot and dialled her number once again but she didn't pick yo yet again. So I got off my car and walked towards the main garden and searched around but I couldn't see her anywhere. Then I went to the cafeteria.

I saw her there. Her back was facing me and she was sitting in a group. She was sitting with the same boy again. He was sitting next to her while Maira was having her time of life oblivious to my presence and the anger filling in me seeing that very guy sitting next to her.

I closed my eyes taking in a deep breath trying to calm myself down but all in vain as I found myself striding towards Maira.

___________________
Hi Everyone! Hope you all are doing well! Thankyou so much for 10K reads! Thankyou everyone who has been supporting me.
Please vote for the chapter and comment to give me your honest feedback!<3