Chapter 27

Author's POV
It had been 2 days since it all came down and Maira had no way to contact Zaviyaar. Her phone and laptop both were snatched away. She didn't remember his phone number as well. And given the fact that her vacations had started, she won't be given back her phone nor will she be let out of the house even if it was Arisha's or Mishal's house.

It was difficult for her to stay positive in that house. It was difficult for her to keep the hope alive that she and Zaviyaar would be one some day. It was difficult to handle the rudeness her family was showing her as if she committed a crime. But all she did was love someone, that isn't a crime now is it? It is, In the Yousuf household.

On the other hand, Zaviyaar was getting restless. Maira just vanished. The last he heard of her was when she texted him that she reached home safely. He was worried if everything was okay and after that when he messaged her asking if he could call, she left him on seen. After that her phone has been off, no messages were delivered nor any call was answered. He had the recurring thought of going to her house but he put that off just in case nothing was wrong at her house and if he showed up it would cause problems.

But Zaviyaar was getting restless. He had a gut feeling that something was off.

He called Sahil," Sun yaar, Maira hasn't been receiving calls nor messages since the last 2 days. Everything was alright before that when we had breakfast together but after that she's silent. I have a feeling something is wrong"

"Has it occurred to you that someone might've seen you both at the restaurant?" Sahil suggested.

"Yes I have thought about that and I've even thought about going to her house but what if nothing is wrong and I show up at her house. It will make things wrong eventually." Zaviyaar told Sahil.

"Do you really really think something is wrong?"

"90% I feel like something's wrong"

"Take the risk then. If her family got to know about you guys, you can't let her bear everything alone. You know her family will go hard on her if that's the case.I know it's hard but at least give it a try and convince her parents"Sahil advised Zaviyaar and he had decided that he'll go to her house now.

"Should I come with you?" Sahil asked Zaviyaar.

"No need, I'll handle it"

Zaviyaar was nervous and he was scared. It was a rare feeling for him. He was scared to know what'll happen. Maira had been very clear since day one that her family is very strict and in her words 'If my family gets to know then it'll be my last day, even yours'.

Zaviyaar prayed to Allah to make it easy for them.

He moved towards his car and went to Maira's house.

He stopped by her house. The windows and curtains of her room were shut. He made a little dua once again and rang the bell.

The guard opened the door.
"Umair hai ghar pe?" Zaaviyar asked the guard. The guard looked at him giving him a skeptical look as he had seen him for the first time. Zaviyaar understood that look and continued, "Uska dost hun, Zaviyaar Khan"

"Jee main bula ke lata hun" The guard said and went inside.

Maira's whole family was having lunch together. There was so much tension between them at the table, it was impossible to over look that.

"Baji! Umair Bhai ke koi dost aye hain, Zaviyaar Khan naam bata rahe hain" The guard said and everyone looked at Maira.

Maira's eyes widened in shock. She feared what was about to happen but she felt safe. He was here. They'll do something about this. Together.

"Isko tou main dekhta hun. Itni jurat ke ghar uth ke agaya" Umair said throwing his fork on the plate and standing up hastily.

He rushed towards the gate with everyone following him. Saying that Umair was furious would be an understatement. It seemed like he could commit murder.

Umair opened the main gate and marched towards Zaviyaar who was standing besides his car, leaning against it.

As soon as Zaviyaar saw Umair he stood straight. Umair came and grabbed Zaviyaar's collar.

"Meri behen se door reh samjha? Ainda uske qareeb bhi dekha tou tujhe zinda nahi chorunga" Umair warned Zaviyaar in a deadly voice while glaring dead staright into his eyes.

"I'm sorry Bhai lekin main yeh nahi karsakta" Zaviyaar spoke so calmly. "Muhabbat karta hun ussey"

Umair didn't hear further and slapped Zaviyaar right across his face.

Looking at this, Maira yelped. She had tears in her eyes. She wanted to go to Zaviyaar but her mother was holding her back. Maira knew Zaviyaar would get angry on this and he would retort back and it would all end up in a nasty fight.

To her surprise Zaviyaar didn't do anything. He just looked at her and gave a slight smile and blinked his in assurance. Zaviyaar couldn't fight with her brother. Her brother meant alot to her and him fighting with Umair would make their chances of being together 0% from 0.1%.

"Dekhein Bhai, Beth ke baat karlete hain araam se" Zaviyaar tried to talk it out with Umair but Umair was seeing red.

Maira's father intervened,"Umair idhar gali main kharey hoke aise naa karo. Loug dekhenge tou baatein banayenge." He then looked at Zaviyaar and said," Tum yahan se chaley jao aur ainda kabhi na aana. Na hi main tumhe Maira ke aas pass kabhi dekhun."

"Uncle please ek dafa samajhne ki koshish karein. I love your daughter with all my heart Sir. I'll take care of her and I'll love her till my last breathe. Please don't do this to us" Zaviyaar pleaded. His eyes were shining with tears too at this point.

"Jao yahan se warna mujhse bura koi nahi hoga" He said to Zaviyaar and turned to Fariha, Maira's mother," Maira ko andar le jao foran"

Her mother grabbed Maira's arm roughly and started to drag Maira back inside the house.

Maira turned around to look at Zaviyaar to only catch him looking at her already. He just smiled at her. The smile that meant everything to her. The smile that fixed every turmoil inside her. The last thing she saw was Umair pushing Zaviyaar and then Maira was inside the house, forcefully brought inside by her mother.

She sprinted to her room and opened her window to see his car driving away. Her heart sinked to her stomach. It felt as if someone clenched her heart in their hands.

'Is this it? Is this 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆?' Maira thought.

                             ************

Sooo, What are your thoughts? What do you think will happen now?