Chapter 36

Maira's POV

"How was the breakfast Ru? Did you like the ambiance of the place? Your opinion matters you know"

A smile made its way onto my face. A text from an unknown number. Feels nostalgic.

"You didn't have to pay for it" I replied.

"Well technically I didn't pay for it :)"

"Oh so you found a loophole?"

"Hahahaha no...mera haq hai apke liye pay karna. Anyways how was the place, we recently launched it."

"It was good."

"What are you doing right now?" He asked.

"I'm in my room just chilling"

Incoming call from an unknown number

I picked it up with a subtle smile on my face.

"Hello Asalamulaikum, Kon?"

"Walaikumasalam, pehchani nahin aap?" He asked in a playful manner.

"Bilkul nahi, aap kon hain?" I replied in the same tone.

"Aapka Zavi"

'Aapka' stirred something inside me. It made me feel at home. Talking to him I felt like I returned home after a long journey. But this is wrong, I am engaged to someone else. But how can something so wrong feel so damn right?

I sat up on my bed and nervously fiddling with the ring on my ring finger.

"Yeh ghalat hai Zaviyaar, remember I am engaged." The playfulness vanished from the conversation

"Engaged to someone you're not happy with, if not for us then for yourself atleast, get out of that engagement"

"I told you why I'm in this, do you think it's easy to break it off?"

I could hear him take in a deep breath from the other side and release his breath. As if he was trying to calm himself down.

"This is your decision to take, I'll just say that for once, just once, prioritise yourself, think about yourself and your happiness rather than your parents' happiness. As for me I have my own ways, No way I'm letting you go this time." I could feel he said the last line with a smirk on his face.

"Nonetheless, Think about it. For yourself. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Allah Hafiz"

"Okay, Allah Hafiz"

I just laid back on my bed and covered myself with the comforter. He put me in a tough position. I don't know if I should be selfish and think about for myself just like Zaviyaar and Dua told me. I see no happiness in a relationship with Shaheer. I haven't even talked to him ever. I know for a fact that in a few days his family will be coming to finalise the date for the nikkah.

If I think about having a married life with Shaheer, I just don't see it. It's just darkness. Whereas if I think about having a future with Zaviyaar I can imagine us happily married. I can imagine a family with him, I can imagine a beautiful life with him. It's all lightness.

Thinking about all this I fell asleep. The next time I opened my eyes, the Asr azaan was going on.

I went to the bathroom and freshened up, performed wudu then offered my prayers. I made a dua after prayer to make everything easy for me and make things happen that are in my favour.

I went downstairs to see everyone seated in the lounge. I went and plopped beside Azlan. I always play around with him because it's always been like this between us. We would always be fighting around and I would tease him but it would backfire at me. Like always I pulled his ear and in return he pulled my hair. I hissed at that which resulted in Abeera Bhabi glaring at us.