Chapter 34

Author's POV
Maira took in a deep breath and said

"How have you been?" She asked. She didn't know how to carry the conversation with him. She wanted to just apologise for what she did. It was eating her up since the last 4 years. She wanted an explanation for his behaviour too but that wasn't her first priority.

"I'm good." He replied sternly with a curt nod. Even though he was feeling all kinds of emotions after seeing her in front of him after so long, he was now habitual of not expressing his feelings and he became pretty good at hiding it too.

Maira looked around not knowing what to say. It was new for her to handle this behaviour from his side. She felt like she was talking to another person, not the Zavi she once fell in love with.

"You're here alone?" She asked after a long pause.

"Yes"

Well this was a one sided conversation. She felt like he didn't want to talk. He was never like this, especially with her. She remembered how they used to have long conversations without getting bored. All the feelings, mainly the pain was getting fresh. She wanted to apologise to him to let the burden and guilt off her chest.

Looking at him she was reminded of the Zaviyaar she met in parking lot asking her to sit in his car, or the Zaviyaar who showed up at her house at midnight. The Zaviyaar she feared. His intimadating aura was making her nervous more than before.

"I'll stop beating around the bush and tell you. Zaviyaar I wanted to apologise to you" she said fumbling.

He looked at her reading her expressions. He understood that she was really very nervous. She was even fumbling. He was amused by it though.

"Apologise for what?" He said not looking at her and playing with the salt shaker kept on the table. He left her speechless. Is he so upset that I don't even stand a chance to be forgiven? She thought.

She gathered some courage to speak further. She gulped again and cleared her throat. She looked down at her lap and started studying her nails.

"For..for what happened that day." She said still studying her nails as if nothing in the world is more interesting than that. She could feel her heart beating rapidly. She felt as if her heart would jump out of her chest. She didn't like how he still affected her so much, more like she didn't want him to have that effect on her.

Upon listening to Maira, Zaviyaar kept the salt shaker back at its place. He removed his leg off his other leg and bent forward interwining his fingers together.

"Oh so you mean how I was kicked out by your brothers, disrespected by your father and got rejected by you?" He said sarcastically. His voice held complaints.

Maira still wasn't looking at him. She felt so guilty already and hearing him say that to her was making her feel guilty even more.

"Look at me" he said in a dominating voice that even unwillingly she slowly raised her head to look at him.

"Batao ab, what do you even want to apologise for? For breaking my heart? For betraying me after everything I did for you?" He said cockily. She knew that he will be upset but she didn't expect him to perceive everything the way he did. Yes, she said no to him but did he even realise what position she was in. Did he expect her to leave her father who was lying unconscious on the ground and go with him.

He could've blamed her for the ill behaviour of her family towards him and his parents but blaming her for betraying him was unacceptable for her. There was no betrayal.

"Konsa dhoka Zaviyaar? Tumhe pata bhi hai tum uss waqt mujhe kiya karne ko keh rahe thay? Do you even realise that? I just wanted to apologise for breaking your heart. Uss time situation hi aisi thi that I had to do that. I'm sorry for whatever happened." Maira said, this time she didn't fumble. She didn't like how he said that she betrayed him.

"Dhoka hi tha. Maira itna sab kuch kiya maine tumhare liye. Tumhare maa baap se zaleel huwa, apne maa baap se zaleel huwa, tumhare bhaiyon se tou zalalat ke saath maar bhi khaa li lekin kis liye? Akhir main tumhara 'good bye' sunne ke liye? I expected better from you, mujhe laga tha stand lou gi tum humare liye. I guess main hi pagal tha jo tumse ziyada expect kar raha tha" He said. His demeanour changed a bit but he quickly went back to his old self. The cocky and cold Zaviyaar Khan.

"Tumhe kiya lagta hai Zaviyaar ke yeh sab mere liye asaan tha? Mere liye asaan tha sab kuch sehna? Tumhare pass koi tou tha jissey tum apne dil ki baat kehte, mere pass tou woh bhi nahi tha. Mera ghar se aana jaana band hogaya tha, main apni doston tak ke pass nahi jaa sakti thi. Maine apne saare ghar walon ki nazron main khud ko leke disappointment dekhi hai,khud ko unki nazron se girte dekha hai. Sab kuch wapis sahi karne ke liye mujhe kiya nahi karna para Zaviyaar lekin tum kahan samjhogey? Maine tou tumhe dhoka diya na?" Maira said with tears in her eyes remembering everything she went through alone. The feeling of loneliness and depression came back to her.

She wiped the lone tear that flowed down from the corner of her eye harshly. Her tears had an effect on Zaviyaar. He didn't like seeing tears in her eyes. She sniffed and turned to Zaviyaar again.

"Main tumse khali maafi maangne aayi thi kyunke maine tumhara dil tora tha. Naa chahte huwe tora tha. Meri bas ek request hai ke tum mujhe maaf kardo" Maira said and got up grabbing her bag ready to leave.

Zaviyaar grabbed the salt shaker again and leaned back on the chair again.

"Maine tumhe option diya tha, you could've come with me, no one could've stopped us if you would have agreed." He said looking at the salt shaker.

"How do you expect me to leave my father who was lying unconscious on the ground? Do you think I'm so selfish? How..." she stopped mid way. She thought how stubborn he's being but she didn't want to fight so she took a deep breath to calm herself and said

"Zaviyaar you have to understand everything in our life doesn't always go as we want it. That is a part of life and you have to accept it. I just hope you forgive me for what happened 4 years back and let me get the burden off my chest"

"I loved you from every piece of my heart. Sacha pyaar kiya tha Maira tumse. Tumhe lagta hai ke maine jiss se itna pyaar kiya...dil se pyaar kiya, uske saath ek achi zindagi guzarne ka khwaab dekhna ghalat hai?" His voice turned soft for the very first time in this conversation.

"I too loved you Zaviyaar. You don't know what I went through. Agar tumhe lagta hai maine tumhara dil tora tou saath main mera dil bhi toota tha. Maine bhi wohi dard saha jo tumne saha. Aur han ghalat nahi hai ek achi zindagi sochna lekin sab ko chor ke nahi. I couldn't be that selfish. Zaviyaar tumloug ne mujhe ek aisi jaga khara kiya tha jahan mujhe apni zindagi ke ahem tareen lougon main se choose karna tha. Tumne kabhi socha hai ke mere dimaagh main kiya kiya chal raha tha uss ek lamhe main?" She said dejectedly. Her body language changed from being enraged to being vulnerable. She said this and turned to leave.

Zaviyaar was still playing with the salt shaker and all his focus was on that only.

She stopped in her tracks when she heard him say

"Don't leave this time Ru"

_________________________

Hello people! Please do tell me if you like this chapter. I got super excited writing this one haha lol. I didn't intend to publish these two chapters together but I'm very impatient. Your feedback matters alot. Thankyou!