Chapter 30

Zaviyaar's POV
I was all ready to meet her parents formally. I wore a black formal shirt with black formal pants, sleeves folded till elbows. Just how Maira likes it.

Abbu and Ammi came downstairs to the lounge where I was sitting impatiently constantly rocking my leg.

"Dekh rahi hain aap apne bete ko kitne bechain hai yeh." Abbu said to Ammi.

They both shared a laugh while I just smiled. "Chalo ab chalte hain. Maine gaari nikalwali hai"Abbu said and walked out and we followed him.

We reached her house and got off the car. I noticed some other cars parked right infront of the gate too. I knew that these weren't her brothers' cars. Ignoring that I rang the bell.

The guard immediately recognised me but Abbu talked his way in and the guard let us enter the house.

The guard lead us to the drawing room where her whole family along with another family was sitting. I assumed it was a family. There was a couple around my parents' age and a guy who looked around my age. There was a young girl too. She must be around 13-14 I think.

As soon as Maira's father saw me, his smile faded and he became furious. He looked at me as if he would kill me. He got up and came to me. He grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the drawing room. Ammi and Abbu followed but I knew Abbu wasn't having it.

Abbu was welcomed everywhere with respect. No one actually dared to disrespect him nor his family but here all he was seeing was disrespect.

"Zaheer inko andar kisne aane diya" Maira's father asked the guard after he dragged me out of the drawing room closing the door behind.

The guard of course didn't say anything and moved his head down,looking at the ground.

"Maine tumhe kal bhi kaha tha, Maira se door raho. Ab kyun aaye ho yahan? Chale jaao, koi tamasha nahi chahiye mujhe aaj" Her father warned me.

Abbu on the other hand couldn't stand her father talking to me that way so he stepped in," Dekhein hum yahan tameez se sahi tareeqe se Maira ka haath maangne aaye hain. Mujhe umeed hai hum iss maamle ko maturely aapas main saath teh karenge."

"Main bhi apko araam se keh deta hun. Mujhe ya meri family ko aapse koi lena dena nahi hai. Aur jahan tak Maira ke rishte ki baat hai woh main teh kardunga, Infact abhi aap ne mujhe uss hi kaam main disturb kiya hai. You may leave now. Thankyou" Her father spoke with such hatefulness in his voice.

But all I could hear was, 'Aur jahan tak Maira ke rishte ki baat hai woh main teh kardunga, Infact abhi aap ne mujhe uss hi kaam main disturb kiya hai.'

" Aap aisa nahi katsakte. Aap humare saath aisa nahi karsakte uncle aur naa hi Maira ke saath aisa karsakte hain. Aap ko masla humare relationship se tha tou abhi main seedhi baat karne aya hun, apne maa baap ko leke aya hun. Nikkah karna chahta hun ussey, muhabbat karta hun ussey. Pasand karna koi gunnah tou nahi hai Sir." I spoke with anger as well. If he wasn't Maira's father, I wouldn't have held back and would've done I don't know what to him.

"Tum hote kon ho mujhe rokne wale? Chale jao yahan se, tamashe naa karo." He spoke and I nodded to him sarcastically. I stepped forward a little maintaining eye contact with her father and yelled, "MAIRA! MAIRAA!"

Upon hearing my voice everyone came running from the drawing room, including their guests. Maira too came running from upstairs.

I looked at her and just for a moment I forgot everything. Her eyes were swollen and it was evident she has cried a lot and it pained my heart to see her eyes like that because they were the most beautiful pair of eyes I had ever seen.

But soon every emotion building up inside me was covered with anger.

She was standing on the top 3rd stair holding the railing. I went near to the base of the stair case and asked her, " Pyaar karti ho mujhse? Shaadi karogi?"

She looked at me with confusion. Probably not expecting it. Not only her but everyone present there including my parents were looking at me with shock.

Umair came towards me, "Pagal wagal hogaya hai kiya?" He said while pushing me. But I didn't care less. I just wanted her answer but all I got was silence from her side. That silence was killing me.  I just looked at her dead straight into her eyes. I didn't want to say something I would regret as I was very angry because of the constant disrespect I was getting not only for myself but my parents as well that too in front of everyone.

After a long silence from her side, equivalent to an eternity it felt like she spoke, "Tum kiya kehna chah rahe ho?". This wasn't a question, it was more like statement made in disbelief.

"Tum jo chahogi, jo kahogi woh hoga. Ek dafa boldo bas. Tumhari marzi phir." I told her. It's her decision. She can make a decision to marry me right now and I will take her with me and we'll get married. She can also make a decision to say no to me but that is the scenario I don't even want to think about right now because her silence, her brother's consistent pushing is getting on my nerves.

"Sochlo Maira. Iske saath gayi tou ainda apni shakal na dikhana aur na hi mera mara huwa chehra dekhne aana" Her father said and her eyes widened in shocked followed by a sorrowful expression on her face.

I was looking at her in search of an answer when we heard someone take in a sharp breath and a thud.

Everyone's eyes followed the noise to notice Maira's father collapsing on the ground.

As soon as we saw that, Maira came rushing downstairs while Umair too ran to his father. Umair ordered Azlan to get me and my family out of the house and that is exactly what Azlan did.

He was trying to push me out of the house. I turned to look at Maira who was pushed by her mother, away from her father. I heard her mother saying, "Yeh sab tumhari kartooton ka anjaam hai".

She sat on floor away from her father, crying. I called out for Maira again and she turned her head up to look at me. I looked into her eyes and for the first time it held an unfamiliar emotion for me. Her eyes held anger for me.

She shook her head and said, "Good bye Zaviyaar"

It was her breaking us up. Without any delay, I got out of Azlan's hold and walked out of there. Ammi Abbu followed me too. I dropped them home and went to the beach alone. I sat there on the sand in complete loneliness, away from people just staring at the waves coming and going.

Was it so easy for her to do that? How could she break us up so easily? How easy for her was it to break my heart in just a moment. I loved Maira Ahmer, My Ru, with all my heart and soul and the thought of not having her with me in the future tears my heart. I never thought that when you go through a heart break, you could actually physically feel something in your heart. I felt that. If only once she would've said yes to me, everything would be so different but alas, it isn't the case.

I don't know for how long I just sat there thinking about Maira. The way she talks, the way she giggles, the way she panics and today I'm even missing her lame jokes.

Thinking about her, I don't realise when a tear falls on my cheek.

I wiped it with the back of my hand and looked up at the sky.

'It is a bye I guess. Not a good one though' I smiled sarcastically at my own thought.

'I pray for every happiness for her. I love you Maira. You'll always own a part of my heart which no one can even come close to. Bye to you' I thought to myself and making a prayer for her.

I guess this is 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆.

**********************************