Chapter 16

Author's POV:
Zaviyaar came running to Maira. Sahil and Arsalan were towering over Ali. Zaviyaar pulled Maira behind himself. Maira was numb. After Zaviyaar pulled her away from Ali, she couldn't understand what was going on. She felt disgusted, scared and just wanted to run away from there. So that is what she did. She ran for the staircase. Zaviyaar saw her running but before he ran after her, he slapped Ali and said, " If I ever see you around Maira, even if it's your shadow. You'll beg to see the light of the next day. Remember that." Saying so he signalled Arsalan and Sahil to do what had to be done. They understood.

Zaviyaar went towards the direction Maira went. He looked for her and found her sitting just beside the college gate on the footpath, crying. She had held her legs to her chest and her head was resting on her knees. She was vulnerable and not in her state of mind.

Zaviyaar went towards her and sat beside her.

"Maira, Kiya tum theek ho?" He asked very softly. He himself was surprised to see himself talking so softly to someone.

She didn't reply and kept sobbing. Zaviyaar put his hand over her head, caressing her hair. Maira all of a sudden raised her head and looked at Zaviyaar.

It pained Zaviyaar to see her in such a state. Her eyes were red, and her cheeks were wet from the tears.

"Door raho please. Tum saare larke ek jaise hi hote ho. Aaj woh yahan aa ke aisi harkatein kar raha hai, itni ghinoni (disgusting) harkatein kar raha hai kal ko tum bhi aise hi niklogey." Maira shouted at him while crying. She got up, still crying, walking towards the road.

"Tum bhi waise hi ho Zaviyaar, pata hai mujhe sab tumhare baare main. Maine tumhe mana karke tumhari ego hurt kardi haina? Aao tum bhi khel lou mere saath. Jabse tum mujhe mile ho,meri zindagi haram hogayi hai."She yelled at him still crying. He didn't say anything. He looked at her crying and felt guilty. Felt guilty for showing up at her house. Felt guilty for making her talk to him when she said no.

"Iss liye baba kehte thay larkon se door rehne ke liye ab samajh main aya. Sab aise hi hote hain. Meri kiya ghalti thi? meri kiya ghalti thi ke woh zaleel insaan mere saath aise kar gaya? meri kiya ghalti thi ke tum mere peeche aise parey thay Zaviyaar? Han? Bolo? Nahi hai na jawab?" She yelled at him still crying and heard a screeching voice.

She looked at her left from where she heard the voice and it all went black for her.