Chapter 21

Author's POV:
It has been 7 weeks since Maira's accident. She is off bed rest and today is her first day back to college. In college every one had their mids and their winter break but Maira was exempted for obvious reasons.

Maira was in class and she was going to get free at 10 am then have a 2 hour break and then at 12 was her next class.

She was very bored of the lecture and wasn't understanding a thing so she went scrolling through her instagram. A notification popped up. It was Zaviyaar's message.

"Text me when you're free. I'm waiting for you in the parking lot. Meet me there." He texted.

She didn't mind meeting him in college. She didn't mind it as long as she knew she won't be seen by her family. This was the risk she was willing to take, for him. She had a soft corner for him just because he helped her so much that day. She might be developing other feelings for him, but those feelings which she made forbidden for herself. Maybe she knew what it was but she couldn't accept it, for the betterment of both.

After her first class ended, she excused herself from her friends and went towards the parking lot. He was standing there leaning against his car using his phone. Just like the first time she met him in the very same parking lot. Looking at him after 7 weeks gave her another sense of peace, something she never felt before. An involuntary smile came on her face as she approached him.

He was very invested in his phone that he didn't realise when she came and stood in front of him. "Asalamualaikum!" She greeted him in a chirpy voice. "Arey! Walaikumasalam! Kaisi ho meri jaan?".

His 'meri jaan' hit her differently when he said that standing right in front of her eyes.

"Main theek hun, tum sunao? Aaj idhar kaise?" She asked.

"Tumhare liye aya hun aur tumhare liye kuch leke bhi aya hun." He said and started walking towards the backseat of the car.

"Hain? Mere liye?" She asked with a full blown smile and an excited voice.

"Han of course, tumhara pehla din tha na after the accident so I thought why not do something special for you." This gave a weird sensation in her heart. A feeling that she felt often recently, only because of this man.

He brought some chocolates and flowers. Her favourite chocolates and her favourite flowers. It was her favourite Cadbury Cookies and Cream and her favourite red roses with baby breathes. It was a small bouquet. It was overwhelming for her. Did he listen to her so carefully? He actually remembered the things she said casually in a conversation.

At that very moment something stirred in her and it hit her. The feelings, the forbidden feelings. The walls she made around her heart and the feelings she forbade for herself, it was all breaking apart for him. For Zavi. These gestures of his towards her warmed her heart. Was she falling in love for him? This was the moment she realised it. In her college, in the parking lot they conversed for the very first time.

"I can't accept these Zavi" She said with a sad smile on her face.

"Why not Maira? I brought these especially for you." He replied feeling hurt that she isn't accepting his gift.

"Zaviyaar you doing all of this for me is making me fall for you. You helped me, you saved me and now you taking care of me, pampering me. Throughout these weeks I thought maybe talking to you would lessen your feelings for me, you'll get tired of me and we'll go back to our old lives but Zavi, I've fallen for you and me falling for you isn't the solution for anything. It only brings problems and pain. I know that we can't have a future together, my family won't let me." Maira confessed on the verge of crying.

"You...you're fall...falling for me?" He fumbled in disbelief, only listening to that part. His world stopped there. He couldn't believe that she was falling for him. Something he longed for was coming true.

"Yes Zaviyaar, I've completely fallen for you. The way you laugh, the way you tease me, the way you listen to my annoying lame jokes, the way you listen to me giggle, laugh, rant and even breathe. You're everything a girl would want Zavi. I..." Maira said with a smile of her face and tears in her eyes.

"I love you Zaviyaar"

Zaviyaar couldn't believe his ears. Something he longed for with his whole heart, was now happening. He didn't know how to react. He had the urge to hug her he knew she won't like it.

" I love you too meri jaan. You have no idea what you did by saying that. I'm feeling as if I'm the most luckiest and happiest man on earth." He said.

"But me falling for you will only make things worse. You know my family, you know how strict they can be when it comes to boys. I can't break their trust." She asked him with a tensed expression.

" Don't worry, we'll figure something out. I'll always be there for you, no matter what the circumstances are." He assured her with a sweet smile on his face.

She hummed while admiring him. He looked at her with love. Their eyes locked and it felt like everything stopped. It was peaceful. It was everything that he knew he wanted. It was everything she realised she wanted. It was their moment.

She silently prayed to Allah to make them one in the halal way, with peace and no drama. InshAllah. 

****************************

Hi Everyone! How are you liking the story till now? Drop some comments.