Chapter 13

Author's POV:
Sahil saw the glimmer in Zaviyaar's eyes when he spoke about Maira. Even though Zaviyaar said he won't ever fall in love, or in his words he can't fall in love because there is no fun in love. But here Sahil was seeing his bestfriend falling in love.

Though Sahil didn't say anything to Zaviyaar. He wanted him to realise it on his own.

Zaviyaar was known to be a 'Yaaron ka yaar' in his circle. He could go to any limits for his loved ones. He only had a few loved ones. It was his parents and Sahil and Arsalan. He had no one else than these people whom he would call his loved ones. Zaviyaar had no ego in front of these people but he was known to be egoistic in his circle. The kind who never bows down, never apologises. Apologises only to his own people.

Zaviyaar always played with girls since his college days. He was the 'popular boy' of the college. The smart, charming and handsome boy. The boy every girl wanted to date. All girls would throw themselves at him. He was used to it. That is why Maira caught his eye when she rejected him. It was something unusual for him.

Maira was the only thing that was going inside Zaviyaar's head. Like a broken record. He just couldn't get her out of his head. Even after being totally drunk, he could see her face, the same smile he saw of hers in the park.

That night with Arsalan and Sahil, Zaviyaar and Arsalan got totally drunk while Sahil was still sober.

Sahil was about to sit next to Zaviyaar when Zaviyaar grabbed his collar, pulled him closer and said, "Maira has a beautiful smile" totally slurring. Sahil smiled at his friend. He knew he was unconscious of everything and is mumbling whatever is on his mind and it was of course Maira. He wouldn't even remember it the next day.

"Sure she does buddy, now why don't you sleep hmm?" He said to Zaviyaar as if he was talking to a baby.

Suddenly, both Arsalan and Zaviyaar started laughing for no reason. After a while, Sahil somehow managed to get them both asleep and he too slept aswell.

Zaviyaar woke with a crushing headache. He sat up on the sofa, analysing his surroundings and then remembering the happenings of last night. Sahil came with aspirin and gave it to him. "Tu itna fresh kaise hai bey", Zaviyaar spoke to Sahil. "Control hai bhai mujhe, teri tarah thori ek ke ooper ek charhaye jaa raha tha." Sahil gave him a reality check. Zaviyaar just hummed in response holding his head.

"Arsalan kidhar hai?" Zaviyaar asked. "Chachu ne bulaya tha ussey" Sahil said," Acha chal ab main bhi jaata hun". He said and left.

Zaviyaar then picked up his phone and checked the time, it was 1 pm. He then messaged Maira.

"Hi Maira, I wanted to talk to you about something. May I call you?"

He sent the message and went to take a shower not before ordering the cook to make him breakfast.

After breakfast he checked his messages to see if she replied. She left him on seen.

"I want to talk to you. Can this be in person? Please?" He pleaded. Zaviyaar Khan never pleaded but here he was pleading a girl to meet him. Well this is new.

"If I'm not replying, it means I don't wanna talk to you. Get the hint." She replied. Was she upset? But why would she be? She doesn't even consider me anything of hers to be upset.

"Just give me a chance. Meet me once and then I'll even step on the back foot if you'd like." This was clearly a bait by Zaviyaar to get her to meet him because he couldn't leave her. Even if he wanted to.

"You know I can't meet you like this." She said.

As surprising it was, Zaviyaar wanted to apologise to her for speaking to her like that. He knew that apologising to her won't make him less scary in her eyes but it might be the first step towards her accepting him. He wanted her acceptance. His heart wanted her acceptance.

"Okay, can we talk on a call atleast?" He asked. "Could you do this thing some other day? I don't have the energy to deal with it right now." She replied.

This was kind of suspicious. Was she okay? , he thought. "Sure, but are you okay?" He asked her. He wanted to make sure she's alright. He wanted her to be safe. He had this urge to protect her. Imagining her not being okay or crying was an unsettling thought.

"Okay bye. Don't message after this." She ended the conversation. She didn't reply to his question. It seemed suspicious to him but he thought she was just upset so he decided to let it go.