Chapter 22

Author's POV
It's been two months since Maira confessed to him. Maira insisted upon not naming each other girlfriend and boyfriend, not naming each other anything for that matter. Just friends.

Zaviyaar has been quite busy in his business lately. He's been taking it seriously after a good scolding from his father, hence he's been talking less with Maira. Maira too is busy with her mock examination. Just after 10 days of her mock examination, are her CAIEs.

Throughout these two months, they've developed a good understanding of each other. They have not met much, just talked on the phone upon Maira's insistence. She wanted to involve haram as less as she could and make the relationship halal as soon as she could. But Zaviyaar asking her hand in marriage won't be a solution right now. She had to complete her studies first and her whole family supported the idea of a woman who first becomes independent and then she is married off. But even after her studies, they had to find a way in making it look arranged.

It was around 6 in the evening and Zaviyaar was sitting on his bed going through some files after coming home from office. He was working when his phone rang, It was Maira's call. It had been a day since they'd talked. She had her last mock exam today so she was busy preparing hence Zaviyaar decided not to disturb her. Looking at her name on his phone, an involuntary smile came on his face.

"Asalamualaikum Zavi!" She greeted in a lively voice. His smile grew wider hearing her voice.

"Walaikumasalam meri jaan, How was your exam today?" He asked.

"It didn't go very well but I just pray that I pass". She told him in a calm manner.

"Sab choro tum batao kiya kar rahe ho?" She asked like a child.

"Main bas apki call ka intezar kar raha tha" He replied back to her in the same tone.

She giggled from the other side. Even though this was quite cheesy to her but it fluttered her heart anyways. It was his way of expressing love. He loved to tease her, loved to say those cheesy lines to catch her reactions.

"Acha suno, aaj mujhe cousin ki shaadi pe jana hai. Will you help me chose what to wear?" He asked her.

"Oh my God YES!" she exclaimed in excitement and he just laughed. "Cool, I'll send you some options right now. Look at them and tell me"

He hung up the phone, went and changed. He wore about 4,5 different sets of shalwar kameez, waist coat, a few shawls and sent her pictures.

"The black one but pair it with the khaki shawl you're wearing with the brown shalwar kameez, and no waistcoat." she messaged. "Done then. I have to go now gotta do some work. Love you bye" I texted her back.

"Okie, Love you too. Bye"

He then got busy in her work while she sat on her bed in awe of him. These little gestures mattered to her. This gesture showed her that her opinion mattered to him. Maira wasn't expressive. She loved him with her whole heart, but she couldn't express it in words unlike her Zavi.

She still thinks about what will happen if by any chance her family finds out about them. They've been doing a good job hiding it till now though.

She deleted her chat and went downstairs to her family.

It was around 8 pm and she was talking to her brothers about her university options when her phone pinged. She saw the notification and went to her room.

Zaviyaar had sent a picture of him fully ready with a text, "How does it look?". He was wearing the same shalwar kameez and shawl she told him to wear with a silver watch. His hair gelled back neatly. He looked so handsome in the desi attire.

"Hmm you look quite okay" She teased him and he understood her mischievous behaviour.

"Just okay?" I'm hurt Ru, I'm hurt." He said feigning hurt. Also, He recently started calling her Ru. First he started with Mairu and then it became just Ru.

"Hahahahaha, I was joking Zavi, You look very handsome because I styled you na"

"Saara credit lejao tum"

"Of course" she replied. "No but you really look very handsome. I kinda regret telling you to wear this now."

"And why is that so?" He replied fully aware but he won't let go of a chance to pull her leg now would he.

"Nothing." she replied.

" Hahaha Ru, I'm only yours. By heart and by soul. Only yours." He said and this immediately melted her heart. There was something so sincere in this message. She loved him from the bottom of her heart and she was grateful for him.

"I love you Zaviyaar" She texted out of a sudden.

"I love you more Ru but what is with this sudden expression of love?"

"I don't know, just felt like it."

He had a smile on his face. He too was grateful for her. 'She is the best thing that happened to me' , he thought.

"Take care meri jaan, Allah Hafiz"

"Allah Hafiz"

She put her phone down on her side table after deleting the chat, still having an involuntary smile on her face. 'He is the best thing that ever happened to me', she thought.

*****************************
Hi Everyone! So I know this is not the best chapter but I've been a little busy lately and this is the best I could do but I hope you do like the chapter!