Chapter 44

Authors POV

Maira's mother was up at about 9 am on a Sunday morning to work on the food items she will be placing in front of Maira's to-be inlaws. Others were asleep. At around 11 everyone in the family was up and settled in the TV Lounge except Maira.

"Azlan Beta, go and wake your sister" her mother said. As told by his mother he went to his sisters room only to find it empty. He went and knocked on the washroom but got no reply. His eyes went towards a paper which was kept folded on the study table. He unfolded the piece of paper and he was nothing but angry after reading it.

Azlan ran downstairs with the note in his hand fuming in anger. "Yeh dekhein mama aapki laadli" he handed over the note to his mother.

Fariha, Maira's mother, was very confused looking at her son so angry like that but nonetheless she took that piece of paper from Azlan.

Mama, Baba, I'm sorry. I can't marry Shaheer, I just can't. I don't want to marry him when I can't give him what a wife should. I'm sorry that I had to go away this way. I'm going with Zaviyaar and I'm sure you remember who Zaviyaar is. I know I won't ever be able to tell it to your face but I love Zaviyaar. Please just accept us. We're getting our Nikkah done today as well. Just remember I love you all no matter what, I love you all.

-Yours, Maira

Fariha couldn't believe her eyes. She couldn't believe what she just read. Today Maira's supposed in laws would be coming for her date fixing and Maira ran away? Fariha's eyes began to tear up.

Azlan came forward and hugged his mother seeing her so vulnerable. He wasn't ever going to forgive Maira for putting them through such misery. How could she be so selfish and heartless? He thought.

"Mama hosla rakhein royein na hum iska koi hal nikalte hain, usko dhundna ziyada mushkil nahi hoga" he comforted his mother.

Hearing Fariha cry, everyone rushed towards the kitchen where Fariha and Azlan were standing.

"Kiya huwa hai?" Umair was the first one to ask.

Fariha couldn't say anything, she just handed over the note to Umair.

Umair's eyes widened reading that note and the note was snatched by Ahmer, Maira's Father.

"Iss Zaviyaar ke bachay ko tou main chorunga nahi" was the first thing Ahmer said.

"Khali Zaviyaar ki ghalti thori hai. Maira bhi apni marzi se gayi hai na? usko aqal nahi thi?" Azlan said.

"Main isko aaj ke aaj hi dhund nikalunga iss se pehle iska nikkah ho" Umair was determined hun.

"Itne ghussa naa karein pehle thora soch lein. Aaj Shaheer ke ghar walon ne bhi tou aana hai" Abeera, Umair's wife tried to calm down a very angry Umair.

"Kiya sochna hai ab? Aaj uske ghar walon ko mana kardete hain aur Maira ko tou main pakar ke idhar laounga."

"Shaheer ke ghar walon ko main filhaal koi bahana bana deta hun, Umair beta tum kisi tarah Maira ka pata karwao" Ahmer told Umair.

Abeera went on and held onto Fariha and brought her to the lounge and made her sit while goving her some water.

Umair went out to look for his sister.

Zaviyaar's POV

Maira looked ethereal in the dress that I bought for her. Words are less to describe the beauty she is. And now she's my wife.

She's getting ready to go and meet my parents today. I'm a little nervous about that too as the first and last encounter my parents had with Maira wasn't very pleasant which is why I didn't tell them about the Nikkah and waited for the Nikkah to take place first and then tell them about it plus we didn't have a lot of time after we decided to do the nikkah and till the time the nikkah took place but I'm sure at first they'll be hesitant but then they'll be okay.