Chapter 37

Maira's POV
It's been a week to the day we've met. It's been a week full of contemplating. He messaged me the next day asking if I've decided what I wanted but I told him I needed a little more time.

Now I'm a 100% sure that I want Zaviyaar and I to be together and I'll fight for it. Over these years I've realised that he means so much to me, much more than what words can describe. When we had no means of communication, no way of even seeing each other, he was always in my thoughts one way or the other. No matter how hard I tried to move on, I couldn't.

Today he told me that he'll come to my university when I told him that I wanted to tell him something. He was adamant that he wanted to know this face to face. He for sure has an idea as to what I'll be saying.

I don't exactly know at what time he'll be coming as he said he had some work to do and once he's done with that work, he'll come to my university. I told him about my breaks. He told me not to worry and he'll be on time.

I was sitting in the university's garden with Aliha and we were discussing about our assignment. She as always told me that she was hungry and wanted to get something from the canteen. She has an appetite of an elephant. We literally ate a chicken cheese paratha half an hour ago. She asked me if I wanted to go with her but I denied. I didn't feel like getting up and walking all the way to the canteen. Too much effort man. She rolled her eyes at me in a sassy way and walked towards the canteen. I took out my phone and immersed myself into it.

I was going through my phone when I felt someone come and sit opposite of me just where Aliha was sitting 5 minutes ago. It was
Hashir.

I had noticed that Hashir was trying to be my friend since a while now. Even Aliha had noticed that too. Well I wasn't going to be friends with him. Nah Nah no way.

"Tumne assignment main elevation dekh li hai?" He asked. I didn't want to talk to him because I felt weird sitting alone with him. He was good friends with Fatima so whenever we would sit together it would always be in the presence of Fatima.

"Han main aur Aliha woh hi discuss kar rahe thay. Woh bas aati hi hogi" I told him.

He took out his laptop showing me the designs he made for the assignment. He moved a little more forward than my liking but I didn't say anything. I just wanted him to show the designs and go.

He was explaining to me his second design when I noticed someone familiar walking towards me. Looking at him I got happy but then I noticed his expressions. He seemed rather angry. 'Arey ghussa kyun hai yeh' I thought. Then I noticed him glaring at Hashir who was still busy explaining his design.

I eyed Zaviyaar then looked at Hashir. Then it hit me. He was angry because he's sitting close to me. Damn it! Now rather than having a nice conversation with him, I'll have to tame his anger.

Zaviyaar came and stood infront of us, towering upon us.

Hashir felt Zaviyaar's presence and looked at him intently. Probably connecting the dots. He must have realised that he's the same guy from the restaurant.

"Itna kiya chipak raha hai thora door beth" Zaviyaar's voice came. It was full of anger.

"Tameez se baat kar. Maira ka dost hai isiliye chor raha hun tujhe" Hashir spoke. No Hashir wrong move buddy.

What Zaviyaar did was unexpected to me. He grabbed Hashir by his collar and made him stand up. I knew Zaviyaar had anger issues but I didn't know that he could be so violent, that too on such a little thing. I had to stop this.

"Zaviyaar kiya kar rahe ho pagal hogaye ho kiya choro ussey." I raised my voice, just a little not wanting to attract more attention.

"Maira ke qareeb bhi aane ki koshish ki na khuda ki qasam mujhse bura koi nahi hoga" He said totally ignoring me and then left Hashir's collar with a jerk resulting in Hashir falling on the ground.