CH. 23 Finally in the past/lowkey anti

Y/N walks outside and waves to some of his neighbors. He the youngest one in the neighborhood since Caleb moved out. He sees the car and slowly enters it.

"Y/N." She says as she turns to him.

"Scarlett." He replies looking at her.

"Let me see your wrist." She tells him.

He gives it to her and she pulls his arm sleeve up. Scarlett gasps as she sees the healed cuts on him.

"So that picture was real?" She asks him.

"Yea, not anymore though... Public wise." He answers.

She wants to ask him why he did it but they both know that she already knows.

"Y/N you-"I'm fine Scarlett." He says cutting her off.

"I know you are, I just.. worry about you sometimes." She tells him as she touches his wrist.

"How does Colin feel about your worrying?" Y/N asks her.

"He doesn't... know." She tells him making him eye her.

"Do you love him?" Y/N asks.

"He treats me right... I'm happy with him." She answers.

"I'm glad you're happy." Y/N tells her.

"How about you and Megan?" Scarlett asks as she turns in her seat, fully facing him.

"What about us?" Y/N asks.

"Come on Y/N everybody can see how you two are." Scarlett tells him.

"Ohh you have no idea." Y/N thinks to himself. Referring to the fact than him and Megan are best friends that fuck the shit out of each other.

"We are, what we've always been.. Best friends, nothing will change that." Y/N answers.

"Hmm, she is pretty though if you wanna get on that." Scarlett says with a smirk which makes Y/N smirk at the irony.

"I saw you on set the other week, what movie are you working on?" Y/N asks.

"Hitchcock and I can't believe you saw me and didn't say anything." Scarlett says.

"I mean, I didn't want to bother you." He tells her.

"You wouldn't have." She tells him with a smile.

"I don't know, my character in django is a real jackass." Y/N says making her laugh.

"So it isn't that difficult to play." Scarlett says making him fake feeling hurt.

"Are you saying that because of my phenomenal, breathtaking, get your panties wet, one of kind acting skills? Or because i'm a jackass?" Y/N asks her making her laugh again.

"I heard what you threw in there you know, but... Both." She replies as they look into each other's eyes.

The two estranged lovers find themselves leaning into each other. Their lips closer than ever before as they eye each other. Both daring the other two make the final move without even knowing it.

"Y/N... we can't do this." Scarlett tells him lowly.

Y/N presses his forehead against hers as they both close their eyes. As Scarlett warms up to the idea of them getting together. Y/N warms up to the idea of pushing her further away.

"I know." He says before quickly hopping out of the car.

When his feet touch the ground his heart becomes even colder. He walks through the driveway and into the home.

Y/N grabs a bottle of whiskey and his cup before walking towards the balcony. Zack steps in front of him, already knowing what's about to happen. Zack gives him a hopeful smile making Y/N walk closer to his older brother. He nods his head as he looks at the whisky.

He hands the bottle and glass to Zack before hugging him. Zack puts the bottle and cup down before he hugs back.

"I'm sorry Zack." Y/N tells him.

"Be sorry by not doing it again, alright man? I need you just as much as you need me." Zack tells his younger brother.

They separate and Y/N walks upstairs to his room. Megan sits there with her back against the headboard reading a book.

"What to expect when you're expecting."

Y/N sits next to her and grabs the book from her. She looks at him confused before he pulls her into him. He opens the book up and goes back to page one so they can read it together. Megan smiles at him before she tells him what was on the page.

~~~~~~~~~~

               Few days later, September 1st

"You know, this movie isn't taking as long as I thought it would." Caleb tells him as they sit in his trailer.

"Not at all, which is good because django is a motherfucker." Y/N tells him.

"We're gonna have to slow down with all these marvel movies coming up." Caleb says making Y/N just stare into the wall.

"How many movies do you have left to shoot?" Caleb asks him as he stands up to get something to drink.

"This, django and friends with benefits with Megan." Y/N replies.

"That is ridiculously on the nose." Caleb says.

"Yea." Y/N replies as he yawns and closes his eyes.

"Get up gramps." Caleb says before tapping Y/N.

"I'm up." Y/N tells him before he lays down on the couch.

"Dude we gotta get back on set." Caleb tells him.

"Mmm, we are on set." Y/N replies making him roll his eyes.

"Come on." Caleb says as he pulls Y/N up to his feet.

Y/N leans on his best friend as they walk out of the trailer.

"Did you eat today bro?" Caleb asks.

"Not hungry." Y/N replies.

~~~~~~~

"Y/N you heard me?" Megan asks him as they stand in the kitchen.

"Huh?" Y/N asks as he wakes back up.

"Did you doze off? You tired?" Megan asks him as she walks to him with the tape measure.

"Yea, think I just had a long day on set." He tells her as he yawns.

"Go to sleep." Megan tells him as she rubs his shoulders.

"You coming with me?" Y/N asks.

"Y/N it's only 8pm." Megan tells him.

"Damn, well let's finish this." He says as he stands up and grabs the measure from her.

He sits down and puts it around the table then tells her the number. She types it in her phone as he scoots over to the stand.

The two of them do this until they finish the living room and kitchen. At the end of it, Y/N falls asleep on the couch. Megan calls out for him and then turns when he doesn't answer. She laughs at him before smiling and walking away. She comes back moments later with a blanket for him. Megan lays it on him and lets him sleep for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~