2009 Oscars

Will be a short chapter.. Saw a video of Heath Ledger's family accepting the oscar for him.. Thought it would be interesting to see that night from Y/N's perspective. (Rip Heath)

~~~~

           2009 Oscars

Y/N sits in his seat, leaned back as he claps for Heath. He just won the oscar for best actor in a supporting role. Tears immediately fill his eyes as he thinks about one of his big brothers in the industry. He feels his phone vibrate and takes it out.

"Aren't you at the award show?! Leave me alone i'm busy right now!" ~ Scaria.

Y/N deletes her number and closes his phone as he sees Heath's family walking up on stage. He puts his hand in his face, pinching his nose. Trying his best to hide his tears and sadness.

As soon as he hears Heath's wife speak he blanks out. Closing his eyes as he tries to calm his self. Megan leans on his shoulder as she holds onto his arm. Caleb place a hand on his shoulder and squeezes it. Both letting him know that they're here for him. He hears his name and it makes him open his eyes.

"Y/N... you have been such a help to us." Michelle says between tears.

"I'll never forget... the first time Heath told me about you.. He went on and on raving about you being a 18 year old superstar.. About how talented you are and how you will be the greatest of all time." Michelle tells him as the tears flow down his face.

"When I met you I realized that he wasn't just talking about you as an actor.. But you as a person." She says causing the audience to clap.

"Thank you for being there for him as much as he was there for you.. We love you." She finishes and he mouthes I love you too to them.

The camera shows Y/N with tears running down his face. A lot of actors have looked back to him and felt heartbroken seeing the state he's in. He puts his head down as he feels Megan's arm around him.

~~~~~~~

Megan wipes away his tears and makes sure that he's looking almost normal. She uses the few small towels in her purse and pats down the liquid.

Y/N thanks her as they eye each other. She tells him she'll always be there for him and he nods. Megan plants a small kiss on his cheek before leaning on him again.

"You're up bro." Caleb tells him as he fist bumps him.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen.. I want to congratulate all the nominees and winners thus far.. It has been a great night but we finally will bring it to a close." Kate Beckinsale says.

"The five men nominated in this category delivered resonating, evocative, and captivating performances. Here are the nominees for performance by an actor in a leading role." She finishes with a smile.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, I know it's been a long night but we finally will bring it to a close." Kate Beckinsale says.

"The five men nominated in this category delivered resonating, evocative, and captivating performances. Here are the nominees for performance by an actor in a leading role." She finishes with a smile.

SEAN PENN
Milk

RICHARD JENKINS
The Visitor

Y/N L/N
The Dark Knight

BRAD PITT
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

MICKEY ROURKE
The Wrestler

"And the oscar goes to..." Kate says as she opens the envelope.

Y/N takes a deep breath as he closes his eyes. Awaiting for the decision to be made.

"Y/N L/N." She says with a smile at the young actor in the crowd.

Y/N doesn't react to it as he feels like everything slows down around him. He hears a loud applause and feels Megan and Caleb touching him. Before he knows it he's standing up and being hugged by them. He opens his eyes and Nolan hugs him. Telling him congrats before Emma Thomas, his wife.. Congratulations Y/N as well.

Megan straightens his jacket and guides him to the walkway. Slightly pushing him to begin walking and he does. Y/N lets out a deep breath as he approaches the stage. His sense of awareness slowly coming back to him.

He walks to Kate and she sees the normal facade that he's putting on. She gives him a much needed hug and he quickly hugs her back.

"I know this is tough for you.. But you are a phenomenal actor and an even more phenomenal person.. The industry is lucky to have you and I will be here for you if you need me." Kate tells him and he nods.

They separate and she hands him the oscar and he stares at it. He has both hands on the award as he looks at it. Almost as if the award in his hands isn't real. Kate doesn't walk off the stage but she stands to the side. Out of the view of the camera in case he needs someone. He takes a step towards the microphone and the crowd becomes quiet.

"First I want to thank God." Y/N starts.

"I would like to thank the academy.. I would like to thank everyone that worked with me on this movie and the first batman.. Nolan, thank you for believing in me to lead this franchise." Y/N says looking at the director.

"I-

Y/N stops as he pinches his nose again, trying to calm himself. The audience claps for him as they know he was going to talk about Heath..

"Heath.. I miss you man." Y/N says as a tear starts to travel down his face.

"The first time I met you, I wasn't feeling that confident in myself.. You pulled me aside and told me that no one was better than me.. That I was given all the tools to the be the best but I needed to want it."

"Your talent boosted mine as well.. Seeing you bring that level of intensity and commitment to the role only made me step up my game.. I love you forever brother." He says as the tears flood now.

"I know you've won one oscar tonight.. but you had a role in winning this one as well."

"Everyone here tonight and at home watching or even if you see this later.. Someone cares, someone loves you."

"To the nominees and winners in every category this year and all the years before me.. To the people who have never won or never been nominated.. I thank you, you are the reason my best friends Caleb Brown and Megan Fox can do what we do today."

"You have impacted and inspired a number of people who will soon follow in your footsteps.. This oscar is nice but, leaving the future inspired how you all have inspired me is what I truly want to do.. Goodnight everyone, get home safe.." Y/N says making the audience all stand and erupt in applause.

Kate walks back to him and he turns to her. Hugging her as she walks him behind the curtains. She takes him to her dressing room without him even knowing.

Kate sits down on the couch with him sitting beside her. She rubs his back as he cries thinking about his lost mentor.. She doesn't take advantage of him, she doesn't plot to use him.. Kate just takes care of him until Megan and Caleb arrive.. Something that he won't forget..

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Vote & Comment..

Let me know what you think.

.