Epilogue

Dear Jonas,

I'm sorry.

For everything. For every hurtful thing I said. For every stupid decision I made that endangered us. For every ounce of pain, I caused you. I'm so sorry, and I'm sorry it took me so long to say all this.

I should have said it sooner. I should have told you how grateful I was for you. I should have been kinder and more patient. I should have been more like you.

I sincerely hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I know I don't deserve it. After everything I put you through, I wouldn't blame you. I know I wouldn't forgive me.

But I hope you're well. I hope you're in good health and continue to be. I hope your leg isn't bothering you. If you're in Weld Village (a random town I made up), which I bet you are since it's almost that time of year, then I hope you visit Dr. Token. You know he doesn't like that you're hobbling around on a wonky knee. Neither do I.

So, please, take care of yourself. Don't do anything stupid. Don't be like your foolish niece. Don't be like me.

Well, I guess I'll end this here – don't want to keep you too long. Just wanted to write you a letter.

Stay safe out there.

~Lani

P.S. I miss you, Uncle Jonas.

**Bello lovelies! Well, here it is. The end of book one. It blows my mind knowing that this one is already coming to a close, but fear not! The Humanoid ~Vash x OC AU~ (book two), will be released Monday, April 22, 2024. The story will continue! That said, I know this epilogue was short (sorry) but that was how it played out. Usually, I would post two chapters but with this being the last, I didn't want to rope it up with chapter 45. Still, I hope y'all are prepared to see what happens in the second book. I have some plans, but in the end, we'll all see what happens. As I've said so many times before, over and over again, thank you. Thank you so, so, sooo much for all the love and support throughout this, and thank you for any future support. Your all's encouragement means the absolute world. Thank you. Y'all are absolute dolls! Keep being groovy! Until the 22nd! Wuv yous!! <3**

-Noel Ross

P.S. Fun, random little fact – at the time of typing this, it's 12/15/2023. Yeah. Way ahead of schedule lol.