Nightmares II

It was another night. They had been tutoring Peter in Transfiguration. It was ironic that Peter hated the subject. He was an animagus after all...he should have mastered it by now.
James Potter was asleep and under the covers, Peter Pettigrew was snoring peacefully, Remus Lupin had fallen asleep with a book in his hands. The lights were out, everyone was quiet.
Sirius Black shivered under the covers. His face contorted into mixed fury and panic.

He was in the Black family dining room. All his family members....except for cousin Andromeda and Uncle Alphard were there. He found himself wearing Slytherin colors. He couldn't control it. They were talking about something to do with how awful mudbloods were and he was....laughing with them.

His father was smiling at him. His mother was nodding in approval. His brother was beside him, talking and laughing just like the old times. Except...he was screaming inside. He found himself laughing about how a muggle family was murdered in their homes, smirking at a story about how mudbloods in the 'old days' were treated, drinking and eating heartily while hearing the tales of how half-breeds were treated nowadays.

Sirius hated it. He Hated it all.

He found himself at school, his three friends in front of him. All of them had a certain look in their eyes.
"You betrayed us." James accused, his tone unlike anything Sirius had ever heard before.
Remus snorted uncharacteristically. "He's a Black, what do you expect?"
Peter cowered in fear. "He might...he might hex us again.....he's a-a Slytherin!"
James folded his arms. "You are not my friend, and definitely not my brother." The words echoed around him, surrounding him in a black mass of darkness.

"Not my friend....not my brother.....a Black after all....he's a Slytherin!" The words kept on echoing.
Then, out of it all, a stern voice...his father's voice popped out. "I'm proud of you, son."
"Son" his father hadn't called him that since....since.....Sirius couldn't even remember.
The words kept echoing, churning in the darkness.

"Sirius. Sirius! Oy-Black! Padfoot, wake up!"

Sirius woke up with a start. The bright light hurt his eyes. James Potter was holding up his wand, light radiating from the tip. "Padfoot, you were moaning and stuff...."
Sirius sat up. He was vaguely aware of Peter sitting at the foot of his bed.
Remus Lupin had a glass in his hands. He offered it to Sirius. Water. Sirius shook his head, srill unable to speak. He didn't need water.
Remus frowned. "Sirius, are you alright? This is the second time that happened this week."
"Do you want to talk about it?" James whispered.
"No James." He managed to croak out.
James shrugged and looked out the window. Remus put the glass of water down, Peter looked down at the floor nervously. Sirius leaned against the bedpost.

The silence was unnerving.

"Well then!" James jumped up and pulled out a silvery cloak from his chest. "Who's up for a trip to Honeydukes?"
Remus shook his head. "James...."
"Come on, Moony, we need an adventure! We won't be able to sleep anyway."
Remus glanced at the clock. 12:47.
"We could buy some chocolate..."
Remus rolled his eyes. "What makes you think chocolate--"
"Come on, Moony. I need this." Sirius spoke up. He looked at his friend meaningfully.
Remus smiled, a mischievous twinkle in his eye. "Fine."
All four boys laughed, getting under the invisibility cloak and starting their next adventure.