Christmas

(AUTHORS NOTE: I hate author's notes, siriusly (Hehe...) I think they disrupt the story, but this isn't really a story, it's more of a compilation of marauder-y stuff so I think an exception could be made. Thank you, all of you, for reading my stories. Honestly, I didn't think anyone would give any of them a second thought. i'm sorry for not updating that much, but i'm still here, and I'll try to update more :) Anyway, enough interruptions, let's get on with the story...err....compilation of stuff!)

All four boys were back on the Hogwarts express, on the way to Hogwarts after the Christmas season. Four third-years sat in a compartment, looking out the window, smiling, laughing, and talking.

"Well, Rudolf, I think that--"

"Do not call me that, snuffles!" 

"James, Sirius, what's with all the nicknames? Did you guys meet up over Christmas break or something?" 

"Nothing!" Both James and Sirius cried out in unison, eyes darting between Remus and each other.

Remus rolled his eyes. Sometimes,  it wasn't even worth asking, for all he knew, James and Sirius could have built a time machine, rode a dragon, and became vampires over the last week. 

The tension in the room seemed to stay, even though everyone's eyes drifted in different directions. It was as if a secret was hanging in the air.

Peter (after finally unwrapping himself from the long scarf that was bundled around his neck) finally spoke up, trying desperately to ease the tight formality of the whole situation. "So, how was Christmas?"

This only seemed to make things worse.