Colours I

James Potter leaned back down on his seat. This was too easy! With big bold letters, he started to write down a letter R on his piece of parchment. Red. Of course!

He paused for a while. Red? It was the colour of GRYFFINDOR! It was the colour of Evans' hair. It was the colour of bravery, courage, and all that. Of course red was his favorite colour...right?
He closed his eyes for a moment...was it? Red. Everyone expected him to write that down. Sirius would probably whack him over the head if it wasn't. But...well....it wasn't Evans' hair that was important to him. Being in Gryffindor....it was part of him...not the colour.

He crossed out the red and wrote down a five letter word that would probably make people think he was going around the bend.
GREEN.
Green was his favorite colour. Why? Because it was the colour of Lily's eyes. Her kind, caring, green eyes that seemed to make you forget yourself. Ot was the colour of the grass in the quidditch pitch. It was the colour of life, of new beginnings, of tranquility. Yes, green was his favorite color. Why though? What could he write to explain it?

He shook his head and blotted out the green and wrote red again. Red. It was easier to explain, easier to say. "Red." He wrote. "Because it is the colour of bravery, the colour of the Gryffindor house, the colour of camaraderie and friendship."

He glanced around the room. Sirius was smiling at him. Remus was bent over his paper. Peter was scribbling madly. Red.....it was the colour of their friendship as well. Yes, red.