Patronuses I

Well, anyway, Peter. Peter was able to do it on the SECOND TRY. Professor Jones looked like he was about to faint.

Peter stood up with confidence. I repeat, confidence. I hate to say it, but I never thought I'd use that word and Peter in the same sentence. He stood up, muttered the spell, and a few whisps of silvery light erupted from his wand. James yelled "come on, Pete!"
Peter tried again.
Out burst a fully formed rat. It skittered around for a while, then disappeared.

Seriously, Professor Jones was just about ready to faint. He awarded THIRTY points to Gryffindor for Peter's major accomplishment. He asked Peter to tell us the memory he used, so that everyone else could learn from it.

Peter said it was the memory when he was finally able to stand up to some bullies. He said that his friends had taught him a few hexes, and they taught him how to do a pretty good shield charm. He was able to fight back for once, to survive. He didn't say WHO bullied him, but I think I recall a certain duel in the second floor corridors last year....It didn't end good for those Slytherins!

I'm proud of him, really, I am. But...I know that his friends helped him out with it. Why they did, I'll never know.