Nicknames I

"Our nicknames come from--"

"Remus!" James piped up, casting his friend a worried glance, signalling him to stop talking.

Remus rolled his eyes. "Our nicknames come from our weird...and sometimes random fears."

James raised his eyes skeptically at Lupin. He was a smooth liar...it was slightly unnerving how he could do that.

Frank sat down again. "Fears?"

"Yup. James, for example, has an irrational fear of forks."
James frowned. "Forks?" Frank looked at him suspiciously. "I mean, yeah, forks! I'm totally afraid of them...."

"Why? I mean, you eat with a fork all the time but--"

"Frank, when li'l Prongsie was a kid, he had an 'incident' involving a fork." Sirius smirked.
James was glaring at him now. "Right...an incident."

Remus continued the story. "See, one time, he was playing in the kitche and--"

Sirius cut him off "He accidentaly stabbed himself in the rump with a fork!"

James turned red. 'I DID NO--" His eyes darted towards Frank who was trying to hold in his laughter. "I...well...um, I did, but I was very young, hardly remember it!"

Peter smirked. "He still has nightmares about it." James was turning even redder.
Sirius laughed at James' embarassment. "He still has the scars to prove it."
James glowered and whacked Sirius at the back of his head.

Frank crossed his arms, amused. "Well, what about padfoot then?"

James cast an evil grin at the now worried Sirius Black. "Well..."