An interesting Lesson I

Sirius walked along his two friends, rounding the corner, and getting to their class just in time.

Taking their seats at the back, all three boys pulled out their books.

Professor Riggs glided in, almost as if his feet weren't touching the floor. He leered over everyone, immediately silencing the group of fourth year students.

"Today's lesson is a revision of the things you learned in your first, second, and third years. It will be crucial to your final exams, though they are months away."

Sirius frowned at him as he walked to the front of the room. This wasn't going to be a fun lesson.

"Dark creatures." He wrote it on the board and turned around.

"During your first few years at this school, you've been taught a sugar-coated version of the dangers out there. You are all fourth year students now, I expect you to learn, to understand, and to use these lessons I will teach you in your lives."

He paused, waiting for some of the students in the front row (mostly Ravenclaws) to finish taking down notes.

"We will start, if you've read your lesson plans, with some of the worst. Werewolves."

Some people tensed up a bit. Sirius could feel Remus wince slightly beside him. His friends eyes were fixed on his desk. He hadn't looked up since Professor Riggs walked into the room

Professor Riggs' eyes darted over to where Remus sat.

"Mr. Lupin, are you not paying attention? "

Sirius had a few sarcastic replies in mind, but kept quiet. James, beside him, was not fairing well either. Judging by the last DADA classes, Remus would end up with a detention, or lose house points, or both.

Remus looked up, not making eye contact with Riggs, but staring at the chalk board behind him.

Not waiting for Remus to answer, Professor Riggs continued with his lecture.

"All of you need to pay attention here." His eyes skimmed over the whole class." Werewolves are dark creatures, they are monsters." His eyes rested on Remus for a moment.

James' grip on his quill tightened.

"If you came across one, it wouldn't hesitate to kill you."

The classroom was silent.

"Turn to page 164 (It's a different textbook guyyssss--not the same one as Harry Potter's third year) of your textbooks."

Books were brought out and wands were quietly tucked away.

James flipped his book open to that page. So did Sirius.

Remus, his eyes now on his desk again, didn't move.