Nicknames IV

Remus sighed. "Yes, I am very afraid of the moon....I used to love it though."

"When I was around four years old, I loved astronomy. My dad...he loved it too. I was obsessed with it actually." Remus smiled to himself.

James, Sirius, and Peter were all casting nervous glances at their friend. Frank listened on, oblivious to how close this story was to the actual truth.

"I loved then stars, the skies....the moon. But when I came to Hogwarts...well, you have the same astronomy class as I do. I am awful at it. I started to hate it. I hated failing any subject. You know, Astronomy and Potions are my worst ones. So, that's why I fear the moon....astronomy."

Frank nodded. "Not as embarassing as the other ones though." He smiled at the four boys.
"Well, i have to go meet Alice....maybe she can help me with this blasted essay." He stood up and walked away.

Remus started packing up his things. "What did you guys need me for? I was just studying in the library."

James looked worriedly at Remus. "There was some truth behind the story of your nickname, wasn't there?"
Remus smiled. 'Yes. I used to be quite obsessed with astronomy when i was younger."
Sirius crossed his arms. "Well?"
"Well...I hate it now. Simple, really." He shrugged and zipped up his book bag.
"You guys are awful liars by the way."

James smirked. "Well, PADFOOT here shouldn't try spells he doesn't know."
"Then PRONGS should stop stabbing himslef in absurd places." Sirius countered, punching James lightly on the shoulder.
Remus smiled. "Yes, and WORMTAIL shouldn't ingest any living creatures..."

"HEY! I DIDN'T--"

"It was a joke, Peter." Remus stood up.
"Well, why did you guys burst in here and disturb my peace?"
"Oh, right! James, Peter, and I need you for a certain...spell to turn a certain greasy haired git's robes pink."

Remus shook his head and started to walk out of the library. Prongs, Padfoot, and Wormtail followed him, refusing to give up.

"Well...I do have one spell in mind..."

And so, the four marauders; Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs, walked back to the common room, immersed in plans for turning robes different colours.

_________________________________________________________
Professor Flitwick was absolutely furious the next day when four boys were unable to hand in the essays he'd assigned the previous day.