Colours III

Remus rolled his eyes when Sirius snorted. This was a normal question after all. Almost by reflex, hen wrote down "Red" but...why?

Whenever he thought of the colour, the first thing that came to mind was blood. The same colour he saw every.....every month. He hated it. When he saw red, he felt unnerved, scared even. He knew James and Sirius and Peter would probably write red on their papers since it was the colour of Gryffindor....but......

He scribbled over the red and wrote down pink. Why? Because it was the colour of the sunrise....the first colour he saw when...when the night was over, when he woke up in the shrieking shack, rays of warm pink light seemed to seep in through the cracks of the abandoned house. Bright colours, warm colours, colours of hope. Those were the colours he loved.

But...he couldn't write all that down! No!

He crossed out the pink and wrote down "Red" he smiled to himself. "Because it symbolizes courage, not giving up. Even when you feel like you're fighting a losing battle"
he paused for a moment....a losing battle...a battle he could never win.
"You'll still fight. Red, the colour of courage....and the colour of Gryffindor."

He bent down over his parchment. Red.