Appearances IV

And of course there's Remus. He always wears his uniform properly. Come to think of it, he's ALWAYS wearing his school robes. Remus...well...his school robes are homemade. There's nothing wrong in that though! I mean, one time some guys decided to make fun of him for it and....well...James and Sirius made sure those guys woke up with pink hair.

If ever Remus isn't wearing his school robes, he usually wears sweaters. Or something with long sleeves. I have never seen that guy in a shirt! That's peculiar....now that I think about it, he never wears shorts either. Sometimes, it feels like he's hiding something.
Well, he IS a prefect. And he DOES hide a lot of the marauders pranks from sight. I mean, he NEVER puts James, Sirius, or Peter in detention. He threatens to, yes, but he never actually DOES IT.

Remus is different from them. He always has a calm expression on his face, he walks with his hands behind his back, he doesn't stand up straight, but he doesn't slouch either. His hair is always neat, he always carries a book bag around with him. Actually, the only thing peculiar about him is that he's the clumsiest person in Hogwarts. He shows up with cuts or bruises on his face or hands. Most of them are caused by pure clumsiness. I don't buy it. The marauders tell everyone about how he "got into a fight with a bowtruckle" or how he "fell down the Hogwarts staircase" but I Know it isn't all true.

Remus is the calm one, the sane one, the one that ACTUALLY studies, but one time, he lost his temper. It had something to do with that day during fifth year. I was walking past the hospital wing, and he was yelling at Sirius. Remus doesn't yell. It was scary.
There's something peculiar about Remus Lupin, about Potter, and Black, and Peter. About the marauders. But maybe i'm just trying too much. Maybe there's nothing weird at all! I've been writing about them, and observing them, and scrutinizing those big headed arrogant prats for so long! Maybe i'm just overreacting. They don't seem to be that awful.

You know, now that I think about it, maybe they're not that bad after all.