Colours IV

Peter Pettigrew fidgited in his seat, glancing at his friends from the back of the room.
"Red" he wrote. He knew they would all write red...he HAD to.

But...then again, he liked Gold a lot more. Gold meant winning, championship,being the best. Gold meant wealth, and fame, and glory. Red seemed to only mean sacrifice and pain....but...he was a GRYFFINDOR. His friends were GRYFFINDORS. It would look bad if he didn't write red down. Red, to him, was also the colour of survival. Red meant that you would do anything to live, to survive. Red meant you would fight for whatever was important to you.

He darkened what he wrote. "Red" he glanced up at his friends again who were all writing at the moment. "Because it is the colour of survival. It means that you will fight for whatever matters to you."

He chewed his lip thoughtfully. Yes, he WOULD fight to survive.....red.
________________________________________________________

The divination teacher stood up. "Well class, that is the end of todays lesson. You may all keep those papers and reflect on yourselves." She smiled and proceeded to walk out.

James, Sirius, Peter, and Remus walked together out into the hallway.
James stretched his arms. "Well, Guys, what colour did you all write?"
All four boys smiled and murmured.
"Red."