pet PEEVES III

Remus ran through the hallway, past the suits of armor. He stopped for a while, panting. He was in no condition to run, full moon was last night! Madam Pomfrey would have his head because once again, he was 'over exerting' himself. But how could he help it? The song was getting on his nerves.

Remus was a very calm person. He rarely lost his temper, he had a good sense of humor, and he was unaffected by pranks or practical jokes. Peeves had tried to get him so many times. He'd thrown potions ingredients at him, he'd stolen his homework, he even made every single broom in the castle chase Remus out. all of these were okay. Remus laughed about them. He didn't cry, yell at Peeves, or get angry. No, these jokes were funny.

Now though, Peeves finally found the one thing he couldn't stand.

"Loony Loopy Lupin!Loony Loopy Lupin!Loony Loopy Lupin!Loony Loopy Lupin!"

Remus heard the echoes through the hallways. He ran again, desperate to get away from that annoying song that Peeves had been singing to him ALL WEEK.

Peeves had figured it out. Remus was okay with pranks and jokes...it was the small, repetitive things that drove him crazy.

"Loony Loopy Lupin!Loony Loopy Lupin!Loony Loopy Lupin!Loony Loopy Lupin!Loony Loopy Lupin!!!"

Remus turned a corner and made his way to the Gryffindor common room. Still panting. He mumbled the password to the painting, not even bothering to stop. He stood in the common room, panting again.

"Loony Loopy Lupin!Loony Loopy Lupin!Loony Loopy Lupin!"

Remus was having a splitting headache. It wasn't related to the full moon for once.

"Loony Loopy Lupin!Loony Loopy Lupin!Loony Loopy Lupin!Loony Loopy Lupin!"

The voice was drawing nearer. He had nowhere left to hide. He sighed and sat down on the couch, defeated.

Peeves floated therough the common room, half dancing and half grinning.

"LOONY LOOPY LUPIN!LOONY LOOPY LUPIN!LOONY LOOPY LUPIN!"

"GODRIC GRYFFINDOR, WILL YOU SODDING SHUT UP FOR MERLIN'S SAKE!"

Everyone in the common room looked at Remus, stunned. Had Remus, Remus Lupin, actually lost his temper?

Remus glared at them, and at Peeves, who was still singing. He sulked off and made his way to his room, peeves following behind him.