Drama is best served cold

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"Love has its own dark morality
when rivalry enters in."

When Serena got out of the red steam train and entered Platform 9 3/4, Remus Lupin was already waiting for her and Hermione. The former teacher was greeted loudly by some of the students, but only looked at disparagingly by others, who were mainly Slytherins.

The hustle and bustle at the station made it difficult for them to talk, so they decided to make their way straight to Grimmauld Place and have a quiet chat. Serena had completely forgotten that she still had to say goodbye to her friends.

"Don't tell us you would just have left," Hailey grumbled loudly behind them, raising her eyebrows.

"I wouldn't dare," Serena grinned, hugging her and then Astoria, who stood behind her and waved once more before heading to her family. "Have a nice holiday!"

"Oh, Serena look!" Hermione began excitedly tugging at her arm and staring into the crowd with bright eyes. "A house elf!"

Serena tried to follow her gaze and indeed spotted one of the little elves, who seemed to be scanning the crowd with his tennis ball-sized eyes.

"I'll just go and say hello," Hermione said to Remus, eagerly pulling Serena along with her through the jostling students. Serena didn't really feel like pushing a strange house-elf, who probably also belonged to an old pureblood family who would probably not find it very amusing.

Feeling a little embarrassed, she stood behind Hermione, who seemed quite charmed by the little house-elf and politely introduced herself. "Hello, I'm Hermione and you?"

The house-elf hesitated to shake her hand, probably not quite sure if he was allowed to. In the end, he decided to do so, "Bernie's just here to wait for his master."

"Who's your master?" Hermione asked kindly, looking around, "Maybe we can help you find him."

But the little creature paid her no further attention, instead his eyes glanced over at Serena and he bowed as if he knew her. Serena stared at him in confusion, even though the name Bernie rang a bell in her head, she was pretty sure she had never met the house-elf before. Hermione was also looking at her with wide eyes now. "Do you know him?"

"N-no," Serena affirmed, beginning to feel increasingly uncomfortable. The house-elf also seemed to have noticed her discomfort and was now looking at her hesitantly. "You are Miss Serena, aren't you?"

"You could have just said goodbye on the train instead of stalking my house-elf now, Black."

Serena turned round with a sigh, slowly wondering why she was still surprised at all. "I think your house-elf is stalking me," she muttered.