Sparking Dragons

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"Sometimes a mistake can end up
being the best decision you ever make."

Serena had had to pull herself together the whole afternoon so that she didn't march straight to the Slytherin common room to give Edmund Hall a piece of her mind. After all, it was one thing if he had a problem with her, but then he didn't have to tell off the entire members of the DA.

During dinner, her eyes were fixed on the Slytherin table all the more darkly, while she was already visualising in her head how she would confront him later. The scenarios in her head of how she would bewitch him filled her with such satisfaction that a sardonic grin appeared on her lips.

"Serena, you're really starting to scare me," Ginny said to her with a hint of a laugh.

"And she's not the only one," she heard George mutter and nodded up to the teacher's desk with a dismayed expression. Serena followed his gaze to the other end of the room and realised what he meant without looking closely.

The sweet and almost triumphant grin on Umbridge's face made her heart skip a beat. The fact that she had caught Harry could not be the only reason for her self-satisfied expression and Serena dreaded to find out what else had put her in such a high mood. Because it certainly couldn't be anything good.

"I know that was a bit stupid of me earlier, but can you please stop looking at me like you want to throw me off the astronomy tower?"

The soft voice in her ear made Serena flinch and the anger coursed through her entire body like a drug again, making her lose herself completely in her rage.

Her eyes flashing, she turned round. "How dare you come to this table."

Hall blinked once, the corners of his mouth twitching as if to make her even angrier with his usual smirk. However, he seemed to have enough functioning brain cells and let it go. "You don't have to make such a drama over something so harmless."

"Harmless?" Serena merely breathed the word, but her cutting tone made it sound like a loud scream. With the unpleasant sound of a wooden chair skittering over stone, she rose and stood in front of him. To her satisfaction, he actually took three steps back. "You've ruined everything!"

"Miss Black, stop screaming around here like a toddler. Ten points off for Gryffindor." Serena paid no further attention to Snape, who walked past her without giving her another glance. She was too focussed on the traitor in front of her and she didn't know whether it was anger or disappointment that brought tears to her eyes. She had trusted him in this respect, just as she had trusted Maxon.