Worrying News

• Serena Black •

Serena Black •

"Someday you'll realize
the damage that you've caused."

Fred and George might be gone, but that didn't stop the other students from causing a bit of chaos in the castle themselves. Lee Jordan in particular seemed to have set himself the task of replacing the twins and was actively supported by Peeves.

Serena, Hailey, Nate and Astoria also took it upon themselves to make a bit of a mess. They had persuaded Hagrid to borrow a few Nifflers, which they wanted to let loose in Umbridge's office. The place was teeming with valuable objects that glittered and shone.

"They're really cute, aren't they?" asked Astoria, apparently quite enchanted by the fluffy burrowing animal, stroking its black fur gently as they walked across the meadows of the Hogwarts grounds.

"At least until they trash your house," Nate returned with a grunt, almost tripping over a branch that was lying around.

Serena had to smile at the thought of what mischief this cute little creature could cause. The animal she was carrying in her arms gave the deceptive impression that it couldn't harm a fly, but she didn't like the look it was giving her necklace. "By the way, there's a party for the sixth years this weekend, I've been invited and you can come along."

"I know, Tim asked me too," Nate replied and started grinning at her. "I guess I don't have to ask who invited you. Hmm?"

Rolling both eyes, she decided not to respond to his assumption and instead looked at Hailey, "What is it with you two and Timothy Barnes all the time?" she asked with a laugh.

"He's nice," the Ravenclaw merely said, but seemed to avoid her gaze. Serena didn't think much of it and opened the portal to the castle. This was where the difficult part of their plan began; to get the creatures through the castle to Umbridge's office without being noticed. All four of them tried to hide the nifflers under their cloaks and at first glance, no one would probably suspect that there were magical creatures underneath.

"To be honest, the last party was enough for me," mumbled Astoria with a disinclined look on her face, while Hailey seemed to be on fire. "Oh come on, Tori! I'll ask Ron straight away if he's coming too."

"But first..." Serena pointed inconspicuously at the Niffler, who didn't seem to feel quite so comfortable under her cloak anymore and had started to fidget. Fortunately, it wasn't far to the office and so far they hadn't met anyone in the corridors. Apparently nobody was keen to be pelted with water bombs by Peeves. But there was also no sign of the poltergeist itself at the moment.

Professor Umbridge was teaching the seventh years at that moment, as they had already found out. Hailey was the one who pulled open the office door with a mischievous smile on her lips and together they shooed the little creatures inside, who immediately set to work. They closed the room with a snort behind their hands and made their way to the Great Hall as fast as their feet would carry them.