Truth or Dare

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"A half truth is a whole lie."

As October progressed, the days got colder and colder. It was only a matter of time before the first snow would finally fall. Hermione had left early that Saturday morning to discuss his curriculum with Hagrid. Harry and Ron, on the other hand, had managed to get up and do something for school, which Serena had eventually followed.

In an exemplary fashion, she had already gone to the library with Hailey in the morning to work through the now alarmingly high mountain of homework. She was glad to finally be able to spend time with her best friend again without Ron sitting next to her the whole time.

As usual, the large room smelled of musty paper and only the muffled sound of footsteps on the carpet echoed through the numerous shelves. Not many students had chosen to spend the beginning of the weekend among books. The majority were probably enjoying the last faint rays of sunshine of the year on the estates.

"Oh yes, what else I wanted to tell you," Hailey began, putting her quill down meaningfully and grinning madly at Serena. "We've been invited to a party!"

Serena looked at her, somewhat unimpressed, and shrugged her shoulders. It wouldn't be the first party they'd been invited to. However, her best friend rolled her eyes and looked at her meaningfully. "It's not a normal party. Only sixth and seventh years will be there, apart from a few exceptions like you and me!"

Serena frowned and copied a sentence from the book in front of her. "Fred and George didn't say anything." And at that very moment, she knew something was wrong. Hailey's wide grin turned into an apologetic smile and she shifted uncomfortably in her chair. "A-well, I don't think Fred and George are going there either..."

Instantly, Serena stopped writing and looked up at the Hufflepuff suspiciously. "Why not?"

"It's more of a... Ravenclaw and Slytherin thing..." she returned cautiously. "But Maxon's probably there too!"

"And who invited you, or rather us?" Serena asked sceptically. The whole thing really stank.

Hailey mumbled something that sounded suspiciously like "Tim".

"Tim?" she repeated incredulously. "Tim as in Timothy Barnes? Timothy Barnes as in the friend of Hall and Zabini? Forget it Hailey."

"He's really nice," Hailey disagreed. "We were talking and he asked me if I wanted to come to their party at the lake and that I could bring friends."

"I wasn't doubting his niceness, but rather that of his friends," Serena snorted. "And to be honest, I doubt there will be a party at all."