Won't forget these days

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"Christmas is the day
that holds all time together."

Serena wasn't quite sure whether she had just dreamt the sudden knocking noise in her room or whether it had actually woken her from her sleep.

"Serena?"

The Gryffindor opened her brown eyes and spotted Tonks standing in front of the huge mirror on the wall. Apparently, her cousin had come up with something special for the day. Her hair had taken on the colour of Christmas green and small red Christmas baubles were dangling from her ears, which she had turned into earrings. "What's going on?" Serena asked sleepily.

Tonks pointed to the dark velvet curtain behind which there was a small window. "I think someone wants to give you a present."

Serena stared at her in confusion for a while before she seemed to understand and groped towards the curtain. With a violent tug, she pulled it aside, whereupon she was enveloped in a huge cloud of dust. At the now visible window sat the most magnificent owl she had ever seen.

The barn owl looked at her impatiently as it defied the fierce gusts of snow like a statue. Serena quickly opened the window and paid the owl, who had placed a letter on the windowsill. However, it made no attempt to fly back to where it had come from, but sat silently as if it wanted to watch Serena open the envelope.

The seal on the letter was noble. Serena knew the coat of arms on it quite well by now. She didn't want to put off reading the letter and quickly broke the seal with the raven on it so that she could get the letter out.

Merry Christmas

They were two normal words that anyone would say to each other that day and yet they made Serena smile a little. The owl, however, was still sitting outside her window, watching her. The Gryffindor turned the parchment and actually discovered that there was still something written on the back.

PS: The owl will sit there until she gets an answer.

"What are you smiling about?" Tonks asked cheerfully, while Serena rummaged in her pocket for a piece of parchment to wish Hall a Merry Christmas as well. After all, she didn't want to leave the barn owl out in the cold any longer than necessary.

"The idiot wants a reply to his letter," Serena grumbled, but she couldn't suppress her grin. Now the Slytherin was actually blackmailing her with his pet.

The Christmas tree in the parlour still looked beautiful when Serena entered. If not even more beautiful, as there were numerous presents for all of the residents piled up under the branches. Ginny and Hermione were already sitting in front of their piles, tearing the paper off their presents.